Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
Is there a way to create a Shortcuts widget button or an assistive touch hot corner to lock the screen?

I have tried messing around the in the accessibility settings, but dwell control seems to stay on for the trackpad all the time.

Just looking for a nice quick way to trigger a screen lock without touching the iPad. I use the top left hot corner on my iMac and love it.

Anything like this for iPad?

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
cmd-control-Q

Thank you! Not the easiest command to use but great to know. I find myself using the iPad more like a laptop which means I want the screen to turn off without touching the device. This works, but we’ll see how much I actually use it.

I was more of a hot corner guy on the Mac but I can see that being activated by mistake on such a small display (11”). Would be great if they added an option to control center as well as keyboard brigthness. Fingers crosssed for iOS 14. Beta season is right around the corner.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I really hope for some better hot corner support in iOS 14. I too find cmd-control-Q a little too difficult to develop the muscle memory for. Even a shortcuts widget button would work, but “lock screen“ is not in shortcuts.

One of the things I miss about the Brydge keyboard was the hardware lock screen button in the function row.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.