Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jollino

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Chieti, Italy
Hello! I'm posting here in hope that someone with more experience with Shortcuts has any idea how to address an odd issue I have.

I have a very simple Shortcut that calls FlightRadar24's "Start AR view" action, and nothing else. It used to work perfectly until a few weeks ago, but now calling it with Siri (e.g. "Hey Siri, [shortcut name]") just does nothing. The Siri icon sits there at the bottom of the screen and provides absolutely zero feedback.

The weird thing is that tapping the shortcut itself from the Shortcuts app works just fine, and the other action available for the FR24 app (show nearby flights) also works as expected with Siri, showing a visual preview of the information within the Siri screen itself.

I'm not sure if the problem started when I went from an iPhone 11 to a 14 Pro, but I already tried recreating the shortcut, deleting and reinstalling the FR24 app, and even changing the shortcut name since iOS 16 apparently has a few keywords that always take over (I also had to change one for Waze to only report alerts, because Siri kept thinking I wanted to create a new reminder.)

Does anyone have any idea how to debug what Shortcut is doing? I tried adding another action before the AR one, and it works well up to that point. It's as if Siri is unable to fully trigger the action underneath, for some reason.

Thank you in advance and happy holidays!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.