Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
I am using the last iOS 12. Also the iPAD Pro 10.5.

First of all this app works from widgets (the shortcut I decided to put there), but if Siri is disabled it won't work at all. I am forced to enable Siri and record a word that will serve for the desired task.

Even if I speak the recorded word nothing happens.

So what's going? Do I need to speak Hey Siri and then utter the command for this to work? Why Siri needs to be enabled if it's going to work?

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
It’s working. But this must be a joke, because it takes a lot longer for you to speak and Siri to act. I was expecting a simple word to activate the shortcut. I also have to swipe up to close the Siri window! LOL

Worse than this is the fact I now have to enable Siri even though I only use from the widgets, where I can use activate the shortcuts much faster. Is Apple retarded or what?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
You don’t have record a phrase for a shortcut to work.

This could be related to the issue people where having a couple of days ago where the shortcut app stopped working for some.

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
You don’t have record a phrase for a shortcut to work.

This could be related to the issue people where having a couple of days ago where the shortcut app stopped working for some.
I just confirmed: once Siri is disabled in the "Restrictions" iOS internal settings (as in the app being removed from settings altogether = 100% disabled) the Shortcuts app won't work. In other words: if you don't record anything for the desired shortcut even if you are NEVER going to use Siri again the shortcut itself won't work.

Even if the widget has been added it will refuse to work once it sees Siri has been disabled.

This is stupid, really.

It even asks me to enable Siri, even though it's reenabled already. Then I re-record the phrase for the shortcut (using Siri) and it works again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.