Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmaniac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
You gotta see it to believe it........

Attachments

• seti.jpg
    seti.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 290

Macmaniac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Originally posted by dukestreet

I would have to agree, unless you can give us a better explanation

D

I did not use photoshop, I don't know enough to change it:( I did use photoshop to change it to a JPEG but thats it. I guess the unit might have been really small? (Actually I have a IBM power4 test machine that I have not told anyone about)

I guess its just one of those weird occurances.

Sorry Alex I didn't use photo shop, I probably shoudl have done the whole screen.

finchna

macrumors regular
May 30, 2002
Re: Shortest Seti Data Unit Ever!!!!

Originally posted by Macmaniac
You gotta see it to believe it........

The reason I don't believe it is that the screenshot you took is missing information. See a recent unit completion screenshot of mine. I think it would be difficult for the analysis to happen without the other data about the unit being present.

Nathan

Attachments

• setiwindow3.jpg
    setiwindow3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 230

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
What you all seem to have forgotten is that some people don't set seti to connect automatically. If you have it set to ask before attempting to connect to the server, then you end up with a screen much the same as what macmaniac had. Here's mine set in the same way (and i haven't used photoshop to change any of it!)

Attachments

• seti.gif
    seti.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 253

finchna

macrumors regular
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by britboy
What you all seem to have forgotten is that some people don't set seti to connect automatically. If you have it set to ask before attempting to connect to the server, then you end up with a screen much the same as what macmaniac had. Here's mine set in the same way (and i haven't used photoshop to change any of it!)

Hmmmm...that's interesting. The only way that I got my screen shot was to change my prefs to ask before connecting--I still have all that information. So you never see the unit information? I wonder what's up with that?

Nathan

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Well done Macmaniac!!! I have had a couple of units like this! The reason you get these really quick processing times is because there is too much noise in the sample data. Therefore, the unit starts processing + stops because the data is not meaningful.

Its happens every so often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.