Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stingazg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2022
Southern California
Would it be better for me, someone moving back to Apple from Samsung and planning to use the Apple Card Monthly Installation Payments to pay for the upcoming iPhone, to apply for the Apple Card prior to the preorder of the phone or to wait until the preorders go live and apply for the card then?

I'm mainly worried if I do apply now and accept it that I won't have access to the card when the time comes because I currently don't have any Apple devices. Unless there is an online portal that I can't find.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Would it be better for me, someone moving back to Apple from Samsung and planning to use the Apple Card Monthly Installation Payments to pay for the upcoming iPhone, to apply for the Apple Card prior to the preorder of the phone or to wait until the preorders go live and apply for the card then?

I'm mainly worried if I do apply now and accept it that I won't have access to the card when the time comes because I currently don't have any Apple devices. Unless there is an online portal that I can't find.
Wouldn't it simply be a matter of entering in the Apple Card number in any browser on apple.com when you do the preorder? I would assume that number and related info is included when you're sent the card. I don't have an Apple Card so I could be wrong about how to find out the number/exp date/and CVV if you don't have access to the Wallet app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.