Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
I’ve come across some posts even on YouTube’s about some 13 pro max users experiencing some sort of screen issues like flickering and screen not pure white, am concerned as am about to get this device, I don’t know what else to believe or is there anyone with facts and experience about this?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Nobody, and I mean nobody can give you a definitive answer on this. You need to go and get one yourself and try for yourself. It is completely and utterly 100% subjective, not objective.

The single fact that can be stated for certainty is that only a tiny minority of people are affected by screen flicker.

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
Nobody, and I mean nobody can give you a definitive answer on this. You need to go and get one yourself and try for yourself. It is completely and utterly 100% subjective, not objective.

The single fact that can be stated for certainty is that only a tiny minority of people are affected by screen flicker.
Are you saying that chances are there’ll be some units free from this white screen of death issue

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
There is no screen of death issue!! It's just that some people are susceptible to PWM (screen flickering)!

Rather than spend your time fretting and worrying about very likely a non-issue, go and try it out for yourself. They are stunning phones!

juanmaasecas

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2014
I’ve come across some posts even on YouTube’s about some 13 pro max users experiencing some sort of screen issues like flickering and screen not pure white, am concerned as am about to get this device, I don’t know what else to believe or is there anyone with facts and experience about this?
I have photography as a hobby/passion and I am especially sensitive to color.
I moved from windows/android all the way to the Apple ecosystem because of color.
I stopped shooting Sony and moved back to Canon because of color.

My previous iPhone X had a perfectly calibrated screen. Perfect. Then eventually it broke, I replaced it for a not original one that’s not great, but I was upgrading anyways so…

Now I have the 13 pro max and the screen has a slight greenish tint, and similar to that from another couple of friends I compared to. It’s still better than any android phone I have seen, but it’s not as perfect as my previous X. Still it’s better than some iPhone 12 I’ve seen around. Haven’t compared to 14. Now I have an iPad Pro 11 M2 and use that screen for color reference for color (against my calibrated MacBook Pro and my iphone…)

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Haven’t had any issues with my 13 PM screen, if you can try test the phone before purchasing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.