Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Hi.
I’m not really happy with the battery life of my iPhone 13 Pro. I wanna get a Max.
Now I’m not sure if I should be patient and just wait a few months for the 15 PM or if I should switch now to the 14 PM
It’s not that I really really need it now. I’m just not sure if the 15 PM will be worth the wait. I’m not sure if it will have (as rumoured) much more better battery life over the current iPhones.
Any advice? Thanks

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
It seems like you can manage with the 13 pro for a couple more months so I’d wait till the 15 PM!

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
If it’s just battery life that you’re wanting, the 14+ would probably be just fine. It’s lighter (I read a lot of complaints about how the 14 pro max is too heavy, I laugh). It all depends on your other needs. Do you take a lot of photos? Do you take a lot of raw photos and video? The main upgrade difference from the 13 to the 14 is mostly camera upgrades along with the display etc. I usually upgraded yearly, mainly because I want the better camera. So if you don’t take a lot of photos, and the cameras aren’t going to be used much, then the 14+ seems to make more sense. No need to let professional cameras go to waste if you’re not going to use them. I take a lot of photos with my iPhone using ProRAW. I don’t game, or AR stuff, mostly photos and video. So I really don’t need high processor speed. The rest of the iPhone is the same, the apps are the same, web browsing is the same, the overall home screen, and other features of the phone still look the same. Those are some things to consider when upgrading.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Manage with the 13 Pro Max and get the 15 Pro Max! 15 Pro Max will have better zoom lens.

I currently have the normal 13 Pro not the PM. And where I live the 13 PM and 14 PM make only a little difference money wise. So it would only be worth it to just get the 14 PM.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
I forgot to mention in my post that the 15 series will be most likely a lot more expensive where I live. At least it’s rumoured. That’s why I also thought about just getting the 14 PM now and better wait for the 16 series then

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
If it’s just battery life that you’re wanting, the 14+ would probably be just fine. It’s lighter (I read a lot of complaints about how the 14 pro max is too heavy, I laugh). It all depends on your other needs. Do you take a lot of photos? Do you take a lot of raw photos and video? The main upgrade difference from the 13 to the 14 is mostly camera upgrades along with the display etc. I usually upgraded yearly, mainly because I want the better camera. So if you don’t take a lot of photos, and the cameras aren’t going to be used much, then the 14+ seems to make more sense. No need to let professional cameras go to waste if you’re not going to use them. I take a lot of photos with my iPhone using ProRAW. I don’t game, or AR stuff, mostly photos and video. So I really don’t need high processor speed. The rest of the iPhone is the same, the apps are the same, web browsing is the same, the overall home screen, and other features of the phone still look the same. Those are some things to consider when upgrading.
Thanks for your advice but the Plus is definitely no option for me. It don’t has that much battery then the 14PM and will probably last only a little longer then my 13 Pro. Beside that I really want the better Screen, camera, dynamic island and so on.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
With only 3 months to go, definitely wait for the 15 Pro. The 14 Pro is old news.

It's not a big change from the 14 series, but you're getting a new sensor and 8GB RAM at minimum.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
I’m pretty annoyed by the battery of the 13 P and that I have to charge it every evening

vols

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
I’m pretty annoyed by the battery of the 13 P and that I have to charge it every evening
I could see me charging mine every evening - which now, I have to charge mine by 4-5p with an 8a start. But you’re right, not everyone needs a new phone every other year.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
I currently have the normal 13 Pro not the PM. And where I live the 13 PM and 14 PM make only a little difference money wise. So it would only be worth it to just get the 14 PM.

I forgot to mention in my post that the 15 series will be most likely a lot more expensive where I live. At least it’s rumoured. That’s why I also thought about just getting the 14 PM now and better wait for the 16 series then

If you can manage with the 13 Pro atleast wait till 15 is announced. 14 Pro Max may be available at some retailers with a lower price tag.

Between the Pro and Pro Max, the Pro Max will have a much better battery.

Expecting the 15 Pro Max with A17 3nm chip to have even better battery life than the 14 Pro Max.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Can’t you say that about every new iPhone generation in general with better battery? Or is most likely that the 15 PM will last that much longer? I mean with that like 3 hours or more?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Can’t you say that about every new iPhone generation in general with better battery? Or is most likely that the 15 PM will last that much longer? I mean with that like 3 hours or more?
It seems the real world general consensus is that 14 Pro series actually has weaker battery performance than the 13 Pro series (especially with always-on-display). While the Max will have a longer battery than regular Pro the 13 Pro the 13 Pro Max were the peak. Of course battery will vary depending on your personal usage.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Well I don’t gonna use AOD because i personally never understand the hype about it anyway.

But beside that I watched a few battery tests with 13 PM and 14 PM. And 14 was always longer lasting. 🤔

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Well I don’t gonna use AOD because i personally never understand the hype about it anyway.

But beside that I watched a few battery tests with 13 PM and 14 PM. And 14 was always longer lasting. 🤔
I haven't looked at battery tests recently, it's just what I've heard from some of the 14 Pro users online.

Anyway we really have no way of knowing how different battery will be on the 15 Pro Max. Normally I would say wait and see what the new phone is like and if you don't want it you can just get the older one (possibly with a price drop). Personally if the rumors of the 15 are true this year I'm already looking forward to it.

Of course there's nothing wrong with using an older model either.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Yeah true. The only thing I also read is that 16 will have even more possible new features so I figured I might get the 14PM now and just wait and see for the 16 then.

Honestly I just want a better battery that’s my main priority for even switching at all. The 13 P is an awesome device but for my usage the battery is just not good. (At least since about half a year, phone is from Sep 21)

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
Hi.
I’m not really happy with the battery life of my iPhone 13 Pro. I wanna get a Max.
Any advice? Thanks

Battery is the last reason anyone should get a new phone. Buy a g-d new battery! Go to the Apple store, and they'll have you set up in an hour.

I'm on my third or fourth battery in my 8 Plus. Every time I get a new battery, the phone has a new lease on life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Battery is the last reason anyone should get a new phone. Buy a g-d new battery! Go to the Apple store, and they'll have you set up in an hour.

I'm on my third or fourth battery in my 8 Plus. Every time I get a new battery, the phone has a new lease on life.

I don't live anywhere near an Apple Store. The closest one is 3 hour drive away, which Ill not do only for a Battery. And my battery health is at 95% - so im pretty sure a new battery will not fix my problem at all.

Yuuuki

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2023
Because I use my phone a lot. And probably related to iOS 16 but not sure. It’s just something I read a lot recently when I looked it up on Google.

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
If the interval was longer, even double, chances are that you would get out of the habit and it would go flat because you had forgotten.

Embrace the Zen of the routine ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.