Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacProFCP

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Michigan
So I’ve have several Apple watches over the years. I actually had the Pebble before too. I don’t use any of the “key features” and use the watch solely for notifications and to see who is calling without taking out my phone.

The notifications have always been buggy, arriving several seconds, or even minutes late after my phone. Furthermore, the watch has this annoying thing where it would continue to “ring” after I answered the call on my iPhone.

Did Apple fix this in the latest versions? IMO, this should have been fixed years ago before spending R&D on new features. I recently gave away my AW 6 as it became more annoying than useful.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Notifications can be delayed. Incoming calls seem to work fine.

I didn't know there was something that needed to be fixed (been using AW for 4 years). I think if you are expecting the Watch to be an instant perfect mini-replica of your phone, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited:

Novius89

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2020
Both always work good with mine. Except mail, that can work great for weeks, notification wise, or it doesn’t do anything at all for a day

MacProFCP

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Michigan
Notifications can be delayed. Incoming calls seem to work fine.

I didn't know there was something that needed to be fixed (been using AW for 4 years). I think if you are expecting the Watch to be an instant perfect mini-replica of your phone, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment.
The Pebble, launched years before the AW, didn’t do much, but it had the notifications come up exactly when they showed on the phone. It had its bugs for sure, but notifications worked perfectly.

Reactions: wilberforce
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.