Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaddict123k

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2001
Palm Harbor, Florida
i am a high school student and i wanted 2 know if i should buy an ibook or a g4QS. i like the portability of the ibook but i love how fast mac os X runs on a g4. if i am going2 be running macos X should i get a ibook or g4QS.

and, will mac os 10.1 run fast enough 2 do everyday apps on a g3. if so i'll just buy and ibook or wait and c what comes out @ paris since that is when 10.1 is comming out.
thanks

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
wait and get an ibook with 10.1. No need to spend the money on a g4 if your not going to use it to its full potential.

-pete

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
tibook ibook

i think you should buy the new powerbook g4,titanium is very mobile,thrust me,and 10.1 will run veeery faster then on ibook,ibook is fast like a g3 350 mhz imac,you'll get 20-50% faster performances
wait for new titanium,it will probably have geforce 2 go graphic card and faster processor

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
best for you Doller

The iBook is probably the best value out there.... of all portables. Its fast and has many good fetures. It well probably do every think you need to do unless your really into digital Video edditing, pro photo editing, or 3D grafic desine. The only thing I see wrong with it is the screen size. You should think about what your going to use it for. I have a friend that is running OS X (10.04) On his Pismo and he says its fine. A little slow compaired to the G4... but 10.1 should fix that. If you want portable and your on a high school budget.. get the iBook. If you have the cash... get the TiBook... and like Megaquad said... wait for the new ones that are comming out if you do decide to get one. I am putting in an order for a QuckSilver my self... but I demand(or think I do) a little more proformance. And I dont leave the cave enuph to get a TiBook... but its deffenetly on my wish list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.