Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inspirations365

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
Hello, :apple: fans.

I have AT&T and I'm currently on a 2GB plan leftover from embarkment onto my own phone plan. I started with the iPhone 4. Now that I'm planning on moving to a 5S from my 4S via Apple Store, I'm looking to go for broke and get the 5GB plan + hotspot option.

So I think I have three options, correct me if I'm wrong:

• Change on AT&T.com prior to upgrading
  • Change plan at time of iPhone 5S purchase
  • Change plan after iPhone 5S purchase

Which of these is the most seamless? I don't know if you can change plans at the Apple store, but I don't want to invite any hiccups on the 20th by screwing with my plan before hand either. Any advice is appreciated.

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
Hello, :apple: fans.

I have AT&T and I'm currently on a 2GB plan leftover from embarkment onto my own phone plan. I started with the iPhone 4. Now that I'm planning on moving to a 5S from my 4S via Apple Store, I'm looking to go for broke and get the 5GB plan + hotspot option.

So I think I have three options, correct me if I'm wrong:

• Change on AT&T.com prior to upgrading
  • Change plan at time of iPhone 5S purchase
  • Change plan after iPhone 5S purchase

Which of these is the most seamless? I don't know if you can change plans at the Apple store, but I don't want to invite any hiccups on the 20th by screwing with my plan before hand either. Any advice is appreciated.

You can set the date for when you want the plan to change on the AT&T website. If you select the day your monthly bill starts on, you will avoid most prorated fees.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.