Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
My watch: series 2 SS with OS 3.1

I noticed earlier tonight that my Apple Watch shut down totally at some point in time in the evening. I was able to turn it back on with no issue and keep using it.

However, there are also sporadic restarts I encountered throughout December.

While I know that these devices are not always perfect, I'm starting to have my doubts on whether paying extra for a SS was worth it and whether I should just opt for an aluminum model instead.

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
Can I ask what the random restarts have to do with keeping an SS over an aluminum model? It's not like the SS is supposed to be more stable, software-wise

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Can I ask what the random restarts have to do with keeping an SS over an aluminum model? It's not like the SS is supposed to be more stable, software-wise

Basically, since all Series 2 have the same internals, if I have to put up with oddities, I might as well do so after having invested less money.

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
I get that they're the same internally. Why did you get the SS in the first place? What I'm asking is what would've justified you spending the extra $200 for the SS? It just seems odd that after experiencing the odd glitch, you feel should opt for the cheaper model instead. Most people get the SS because the want to wear the better material, or look at a "nicer" watch, have a more scratch resistant screen, etc.. I'm just wondering how software glitches makes one decide to opt for a model they desired less instead.

I mean it's not like the watch rebooting all the time is normal behaviour. Why not try re-pairing it, or bringing it in for warranty?

Reactions: Newtons Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.