Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustAnExpat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 27, 2019
Hello

I recently purchased a pair of AirPods Pro 2. The store I bought it from gave a one year replacement warranty for free. But Apple is also asking me if I want to purchase Apple Care for the AirPods.

What would be the benefits of purchasing AppleCare over using the store's warranty?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
In my view, the main benefit is battery life and replacement. It's one of the reasons I kept it for my Apple Watch. But they are sticklers on the 79% remaining. They used to be more lax in the past and replace at 80%. I am waiting for my S5 to drop to 79%.
"Your product is eligible for a battery replacement at no additional cost if you have AppleCare+ for Headphones and your product's battery holds less than 80% of its original capacity. AppleCare+ covers both the AirPods and the Charging Case."

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
By the way, for iPhones Apple even covers accidental losses including theft with a deductible.
My wife's iPhone was stolen a couple of months after purchase and it took two days to have another one in her hands!

JustAnExpat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 27, 2019
By the way, for iPhones Apple even covers accidental losses including theft with a deductible. My wife's iPhone was stolen a couple of months after purchase and it took two days to have another one in her hands!

But I don't have an iPhone :( I have the AirPods.

But be that as it may, I charge my AirPods in hot environments (100+F temperatures), and the battery on my apple devices drain fast. I'll check out their warranty and see what it says.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.