Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Someday one will show up but odds of finding it first are probably not much better than finding one at all. I’m worn out trying to find one.. anyone else looking? Anyone rethinking keeping theirs? So frustrating.
I’ve heard sometimes a color will come back, does that happen very often?
If anyone hears of a uv 38mm please let me know lol. Yeah I know there is one on eBay but I can’t go that high on my fixed income.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Are you hoping for official Apple only? Amazon has ultra violet options by other vendors. I have a few knock-offs and they all hold up well and are seamless.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Are you hoping for official Apple only? Amazon has ultra violet options by other vendors. I have a few knock-offs and they all hold up well and are seamless.

Yes I’m holding out for Apple brand. How long have you had your 3rd party and how much use?

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Yes I’m holding out for Apple brand. How long have you had your 3rd party and how much use?

I change the color of my band weekly. I run, workout, lift weights, swim, bike and sweat like a madman and I have not had an issues with any of the alternate brands. My oldest alternate band traces back to the original debut of the apple watch. It still looks brand new.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I have so many third party bands including many sports bands and all
but one look great...it is a light color band that eventually took on the color of my dark jeans a little. But honestly, my first Apple Watch has a white band it he original band also took on the color of my jeans. I wouldn’t hesitate to get a third party band if you like the color.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
I change the color of my band weekly. I run, workout, lift weights, swim, bike and sweat like a madman and I have not had an issues with any of the alternate brands. My oldest alternate band traces back to the original debut of the apple watch. It still looks brand new.

Wow that’s something. Thank you
[doublepost=1517955893][/doublepost]
Give it some time. Sooner or later a band will surface.

I’m trying to hope but I’m discouraged, thanks for the chin up message, I’m trying! :)

Reactions: Apple_Robert

cmbauer

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2016
Yes that’s the one. Scroll down and it says Sold Out. And they aren’t kidding. It’s sold out everywhere in the US anyway. One just so,d on eBay as a bundle, new uv plus new midnight blue.. went for $122.50
:(

Oh sorry gotcha! Good luck, I always go 3rd party. But I get why you want the real deal

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
Wow that’s something. Thank you
[doublepost=1517955893][/doublepost]

I’m trying to hope but I’m discouraged, thanks for the chin up message, I’m trying! :)

That’s strange, i checked the link, my local apple store says sold out, but i saw 2 in stock at the store when i was there this past weekend. I guess they sold right after I walked out, well anyway, good luck with the search, I’m sure one will pop up. Check macy’s And possibly B&H or even target, you might luck out there

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
That’s strange, i checked the link, my local apple store says sold out, but i saw 2 in stock at the store when i was there this past weekend. I guess they sold right after I walked out, well anyway, good luck with the search, I’m sure one will pop up. Check macy’s And possibly B&H or even target, you might luck out there

I wouldn’t put it past them to hold some for walk-in? I need a 38mm and if you could find one wow lol
[doublepost=1518031619][/doublepost]
I wouldn’t put it past them to hold some for walk-in? I need a 38mm and if you could find one wow lol
The closest store here is over 3 hours away :(

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Yes that’s the one. Scroll down and it says Sold Out. And they aren’t kidding. It’s sold out everywhere in the US anyway. One just so,d on eBay as a bundle, new uv plus new midnight blue.. went for $122.50

I clicked on a few other colors & it says the same thing about being sold out. (Rose Red, Blue Cobalt, Mist Blue).

I'm thinking they might be releasing new colors for spring?

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Yes they always intro new colors.. just wish there wasn’t such a run on the purple. Sigh

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
No retail stores have the Ultra Violet in stock. eBay or MacRumors is going to be about the only places to find one at some point.

Last edited:

Starship67

Suspended
Oct 28, 2017
LA
That’s strange, i checked the link, my local apple store says sold out, but i saw 2 in stock at the store when i was there this past weekend.

If a Local Apple store has less than 30 units of something its not shown available for in store pickup online.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

The Ultra Violet is worth the $60. but I'm not too sure about the Midnight Blue one.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
The Ultra Violet is worth the $60. but I'm not too sure about the Midnight Blue one.
Midnight blue is super easy to get. Guess UV is worth whatever people are willing or able to pay. I’m giving up because I can’t afford $60

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
If a Local Apple store has less than 30 units of something its not shown available for in store pickup online.

This is true. I was looking for the spicy orange iPhone X case and it said not available in the store but when I got there they had them in stock.
[doublepost=1518043625][/doublepost]
Midnight blue is super easy to get. Guess UV is worth whatever people are willing or able to pay. I’m giving up because I can’t afford $60

Your never going to find one for the $49. retail or less, it's not going to happen. $60.-$75 is not uncalled for.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
This is true. I was looking for the spicy orange iPhone X case and it said not available in the store but when I got there they had them in stock.

Cool that happened.. my nearest store is over 3 hours away and I called.. nada.
[doublepost=1518043986][/doublepost]I’m not saying it’s not worth it.. social security budget just limits me not that it matters because I simply can’t find one. :(

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Repeat after me.. ultraviolet for laryl.... lol. Sigh still can’t find one. I don’t really like green.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.