Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

is latest public beta good and stable to be installed?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

ecstaticax

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
I am a developer but I usually wait for final releases. I am very curious about iOS11. On iPad 12.9 1st gen is latest beta stable or still giving problems? Do you suggest to install it or not?

Max Your Macs

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2008
Daytona Beach, FL
I am a developer but I usually wait for final releases. I am very curious about iOS11. On iPad 12.9 1st gen is latest beta stable or still giving problems? Do you suggest to install it or not?

I have just installed it on my first gen 12.9 and it's running great! I had trouble with a third party app (Accounts 2) and DirecTV Now crashing. A reinstall of DTV Now and a hard reset fixed it but Accounts 2 still crashes every time. Otherwise, it is giving me no problems. It really, really does elevate the overall user experience and has given great new life to my 12.9! I also have a 10.5 but now thinking of returning it and keeping my 12.9 since it feels like a new machine now. I swear (maybe placebo effect) but it feels much faster and smoother to scroll and use overall.

Just be sure to archive a backup to iTunes and you can always revert if you need to. Otherwise, I say try it out! I love it!

Reactions: JerTheGeek

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
The latest PB (3) is making my iPad Air 2 tick as I type this and it works just fine. The issues people can be experiencing now are mostly related to some third party apps that have not been optimised for iOS 11 yet. So it depends on how you use your iPad. The changes to the keyboard, the new dock and new multitasking features are well worth a try, plus you can always revert back to iOS 10.3.3, if needed. So far I have had a great experience with it.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
You’re a developer? An iOS developer with an app on the store? And you usually wait till finals unless you’re personally curious? Hmm.

Reactions: jhall8

ecstaticax

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
You’re a developer? An iOS developer with an app on the store? And you usually wait till finals unless you’re personally curious? Hmm.

I do it in my spare time. It's not my core business. Around 2009-11 I was very active and obviously I had to update with betas, but actually I am working very slowly.
Thanks to all for your replies.

Reactions: GreyOS
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.