Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skidu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Just bought a 15" M3 Air this past weekend ( still boxed) for £1599 and noticed Costco have £300 off the 14" M2Pro 16/1TB for £1699 as of today.

I'll be my first Mac, mainly used for light photo/video work ( LR, PS and Davinci) and maybe some blockout 3D work in Blender + Python - anything more demanding I'd just do on my PC workstation.

I was sold initially on the the M3 Air due to the screen size and resolution which is always handy when UI heavy apps. The speed and workload honestly don't bother me too much, as any serious work I'd do on my desktop as stated earlier.

It almost seems like a no brainer apart from loosing an inch on the screen size ( but gaining 120hz and HDR) and addition of an SD card reader.

But curious to see if there's any benefits on keeping the Air, aside from being newer.

Reactions: jazz1

mystery hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2021
Yes, replace it with the Pro. it has a better screen, supports two external displays (without needing to close the lid), has more ports, and an additional 512GB for just £100 more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.