Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trayssan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2022
I recently got myself my first iPhone - a 12 Pro. It came with iOS 14.7.1, which is apparently not jailbreakable atm. Would you guys say staying on 14.7.1 is a worthwhile ordeal? Do you reckon there's a good chance a jailbreak will come to this version of iOS in the near future? I personally find it really difficult to find information regarding jailbreaks. Heck, even the uncover website itself is kinda cryptic as to what devices are and aren't supported. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm really new to this whole shebang :D
Cheers guys,
Adam.

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
Why do you want to jailbreak? It seems a risky trade-off for running an OS version with known remote exploits available. Update your phone!

Reactions: max2

trayssan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2022
Why do you want to jailbreak? It seems a risky trade-off for running an OS version with known remote exploits available. Update your phone!
Tell me this mate, why do you come to the jailbreaking category if you're just gonna run round telling people not to? There are advantages to jailbreaking, including security oriented ones.

Reactions: foliovision

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
Tell me this mate, why do you come to the jailbreaking category if you're just gonna run round telling people not to? There are advantages to jailbreaking, including security oriented ones.
Fine, but this is a new user and might believe they need to jailbreak when in fact, they may not. Is the question unreasonable?

trayssan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2022
Sort of. I want to be in control of my device and I want to tweak it to make it look and behave exactly the way I want it to. To be fair, I did say it was my first iPhone, which is true but I've been working on and interaction with them daily for years now.

titoaida2078

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2020
Sort of. I want to be in control of my device and I want to tweak it to make it look and behave exactly the way I want it to. To be fair, I did say it was my first iPhone, which is true but I've been working on and interaction with them daily for years now.

Uncover supports it

Reactions: foliovision

trayssan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2022
Nope. It only supports the iPhone X and 11 on anything above 14.3.

titoaida2078

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2020
Nope. It only supports the iPhone X and 11 on anything above 14.3.

Actually I believe it supports up to iOS 14.5.1. I have an m1 iPad Pro on iOS 14.5.1. I’d say if you have blobs then you should update but if not I still think you should update but it’ll be awhile before a jb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.