Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphuckalot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2021
Got an offer for the trade but can’t make a decision. My iPad is cellular unlocked in mint condition. The MacBook looks good cosmetically in pics from what I can tell. Processor is 1.4 GHz (up to 3.9GHz) Intel Core i5 (8257U).

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
I don’t think anybody can make this decision for you.
You are comparing two different types of computing tools (or in fruit terms, apples with oranges).
Many people (me included) have both as they serve quite different purposes.

Reactions: iphuckalot

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
The MBP is worth about $300 more than your iPad Pro. Going by sold used items on eBay. Going purely by value. It's a deal in your favor.

Whether you should or not depends on your reason. If you don't want the iPad and want a Macbook. It's certainly a good deal. Then you can keep the more valuable Macbook or sell it and get an M1 model. Perhaps wait to sell it when the rumored 14" comes out.

iphuckalot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2021
I don’t think anybody can make this decision for you.
You are comparing two different types of computing tools (or in fruit terms, apples with oranges).
Many people (me included) have both as they serve quite different purposes.
Yes, exactly this is what makes the choice not so easy. It’s a better deal going by dollar amount of each. But I feel like I need both. I do have two older MacBooks but want something snappier. M.2 in my 2015 MBP still didn’t quite get it where I need performance wise.

iphuckalot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2021
The MBP is worth about $300 more than your iPad Pro. Going by sold used items on eBay. Going purely by value. It's a deal in your favor.

Whether you should or not depends on your reason. If you don't want the iPad and want a Macbook. It's certainly a good deal. Then you can keep the more valuable Macbook or sell it and get an M1 model. Perhaps wait to sell it when the rumored 14" comes out.
Now I’ll have three macbooks and no iPad lol. 2013 Air 2015 MBP then this one. Otherwise I’d pull the trigger. Although I think I will just for the positive side of the deal. I’ll come out on top for out of pocket cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.