Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2022
Hey, i am using the unc0ver jailbreak for ios 12.4 since the first day it came out and i am kinda annoyed of keep using altstore all 7 days to restore my JB state after a phone restart. I have my phone since day 1 when the 6s came out on the market, and my phone has now a battery life of 60% and because of that, it crashes sometimes. My phone turned now itself into "service mode" or something, and since that, it crashes more rarely.

Years have past, and i wanted to know if i can / should update my ios now to the latest version (i dont even know what the last version is i can update to). Is any jb out for the latest ios version ?
A new ios would be really nice, since some games and apps support only ios 13+, so i cant run them until i update but i cant live without a jb on my phone haha.

Ps. I just wanna update to any newer ios and then start jailbreaking again. I know you can't chose what ios you want over the phone itself. But what with a jailbroken phone ? can i install a tweak or something that lets me chose what ios i want ? so i take any newer ios that supports jb. Mostly the latest ios versions have no jb for a long time. I don't wanna wait on the latest ios version for a jb to come out^^.

pps. Since a while, my phone (including itunes on pc while my phone is plugged to my pc) tells me that there is no newer update / ios available or that a error occured. I can imagine that apple dont supports the 6s anymore and that the latest ios for 6s could be unsigned. This could be the reason why my phone cant find a update. Any workaround for this ? i try to uninstall my jb, and then i do a full factory reset on my phone over itunes. Then i am ready to update to a newer ios if you guys tell me if the newer version has jb or not :)

Reactions: rafark

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
There’s no jailbreak available for iOS 15 yet, so if you update, you will lose your jailbreak. I can’t live without my jailbreak neither, which is why I am still on iOS 14.1. I haven’t had any issues with iOS, so why update.

trayssan

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2022
6s can run the newest version of iOS. I believe there is a way to update to an unsigned firmware when you're already jailbroken so do some research. I believe 14.3 should be just fine but like I said, do your own research.

Reactions: max2

titoaida2078

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2020
Hey, i am using the unc0ver jailbreak for ios 12.4 since the first day it came out and i am kinda annoyed of keep using altstore all 7 days to restore my JB state after a phone restart. I have my phone since day 1 when the 6s came out on the market, and my phone has now a battery life of 60% and because of that, it crashes sometimes. My phone turned now itself into "service mode" or something, and since that, it crashes more rarely.

Years have past, and i wanted to know if i can / should update my ios now to the latest version (i dont even know what the last version is i can update to). Is any jb out for the latest ios version ?
A new ios would be really nice, since some games and apps support only ios 13+, so i cant run them until i update but i cant live without a jb on my phone haha.

Ps. I just wanna update to any newer ios and then start jailbreaking again. I know you can't chose what ios you want over the phone itself. But what with a jailbroken phone ? can i install a tweak or something that lets me chose what ios i want ? so i take any newer ios that supports jb. Mostly the latest ios versions have no jb for a long time. I don't wanna wait on the latest ios version for a jb to come out^^.

pps. Since a while, my phone (including itunes on pc while my phone is plugged to my pc) tells me that there is no newer update / ios available or that a error occured. I can imagine that apple dont supports the 6s anymore and that the latest ios for 6s could be unsigned. This could be the reason why my phone cant find a update. Any workaround for this ? i try to uninstall my jb, and then i do a full factory reset on my phone over itunes. Then i am ready to update to a newer ios if you guys tell me if the newer version has jb or not :)

I believe you would have had to save blobs of the iOS v you want to upgrade to. You should check out the jailbreak discord. Very helpful people

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.