Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jean-F.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Is there a value to update from 9.3.1 ? Or, on the contrary, any reason not to update ?
There is a lot being said about IPhone compatibility, I am looking specifically to get info for the IPad air.
Thanks everyone !

danbcooper

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2015
I updated my iphone 6 and it started freezing all over the place... So i downgraded to 9.3.1

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2015
Air 2, performing well. Only downside, and not sure that this didn't actually happen at 9.3.1, make sure you check your settings after updating. One or the other changed my backup settings to include everything.

winter07

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2016
for the iPad Pro 12.9 device, updating to 9.3.2 fixed the aggravating dead-spot while using a non-bt stylus. so for that device, yea, updating has been great:>)

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
No issues here. Air 1, 2, iPhone 5 and 6s. I had a massive mobile data leak with 9.3.1 but nothing so far with 9.3.2

Mac-captive

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2016
Tried to update my iPhone 6 and it is now completely bricked. Won't restore even in DFU mode, keeps throwing error 50 at firmware update stage. Still trying to get Apple to fix the problem. Unless there is a compelling reason to the contrary, I would avoid this update.

mikeh58

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2012
High Peak, Derbyshire
Tried to update my iPhone 6 and it is now completely bricked. Won't restore even in DFU mode, keeps throwing error 50 at firmware update stage. Still trying to get Apple to fix the problem. Unless there is a compelling reason to the contrary, I would avoid this update.
[doublepost=1464675196][/doublepost]Is error 50 not a hardware issue?

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden

A one-off problem is not a basis for avoiding an update that literally millions of users have performed satisfactorily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.