Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MeepsterNotchy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2017
California
The new Pangu demo has me wondering... been sitting on iOS 10 jialbreak for over a year now, and new apps are becoming incompatible

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I love iOS12 on both iPhone and iPad. No reason not to update. Jailbreaking is so 2007/2008 ;-)
Says you.

I'm on 9.0.2 and since iOS 6 there has been nothing Apple has offered I've wanted and no app update I've needed.

I have four devices jailbroken in total and 200+ tweaks installed on my iPhone 6s+ that confirm that Apple still doesn't allow me to do what I want.

If settling for what Apple is okay with offering you on iOS 12 makes you happy then go for it. I refuse to settle and will remain jailbroken so I can do what you can't.

Reactions: Breezygirl

Chukwe

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
The new Pangu demo has me wondering... been sitting on iOS 10 jialbreak for over a year now, and new apps are becoming incompatible

Save your SHSH for iOS 12 so that if jailbreak for iOS 12 comes out after 12 is stopped signing, you can restore to 12 with your SHSH. That's the theory, haven't restored from SHSH for a very long time so I don't know if it works

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I love iOS12 on both iPhone and iPad. No reason not to update. Jailbreaking is so 2007/2008 ;-)

Try the consolidation tweak on JB and then say that ;):D
[doublepost=1538148341][/doublepost]
Save your SHSH for iOS 12 so that if jailbreak for iOS 12 comes out after 12 is stopped signing, you can restore to 12 with your SHSH. That's the theory, haven't restored from SHSH for a very long time so I don't know if it works
Oh man! Now you got me thinking about losing my JB and upgrading to 12 on:

a) the chance that a JB is released

b) it will be compatible with my iP6

Chukwe

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Try the consolidation tweak on JB and then say that ;):D
[doublepost=1538148341][/doublepost]
Oh man! Now you got me thinking about losing my JB and upgrading to 12 on:

a) the chance that a JB is released

b) it will be compatible with my iP6

I didn't say you should lose your jailbreak. I don't know whether you understanding SHSH and what it does. First save the SHSH file of your iPhone for IOS 12. Don't upgrade to iOS 12 yet

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I didn't say you should lose your jailbreak. I don't know whether you understanding SHSH and what it does. First save the SHSH file of your iPhone for IOS 12. Don't upgrade to iOS 12 yet
Thanks mate. I'll look into SHSH. I've heard of Blobs and what they do. But I though Blobs could only be saved whilst Apple were signing that version of the OS. I'm on iOS 10.2, which they stopped many moons ago, so not sure I can save that.

Chukwe

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks mate. I'll look into SHSH. I've heard of Blobs and what they do. But I though Blobs could only be saved whilst Apple were signing that version of the OS. I'm on iOS 10.2, which they stopped many moons ago, so not sure I can save that.

Yes, you can only save SHSH while it's being signed. But you don't have to be on that version to save your SHSH

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I think I've got you. So you're saying save the iOS 12 blob on my iPhone even though I'm on iOS 10. And I'll still remain on iOS 10 JB. Correct?

If so, how do I do this please?

Chukwe

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
I think I've got you. So you're saying save the iOS 12 blob on my iPhone even though I'm on iOS 10. And I'll still remain on iOS 10 JB. Correct?

If so, how do I do this please?

Yes, that's correct. Go to cydia and install the app "TSS Saver" or/and install "System Info".

With System Info installed, navigate to Settings > General > About. Scroll down to "ECID" and swipe left, then click on "Save SHSSH2".

As I said before, I've never tested the ability to restore from SHSH

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Yes, that's correct. Go to cydia and install the app "TSS Saver" or/and install "System Info".

With System Info installed, navigate to Settings > General > About. Scroll down to "ECID" and swipe left, then click on "Save SHSSH2".

Brilliant. I’ll save the iOS 12.1 blob. Unfortunately unable to save my current 10.2 blob.

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2018
Says you.

I'm on 9.0.2 and since iOS 6 there has been nothing Apple has offered I've wanted and no app update I've needed.

I have four devices jailbroken in total and 200+ tweaks installed on my iPhone 6s+ that confirm that Apple still doesn't allow me to do what I want.

If settling for what Apple is okay with offering you on iOS 12 makes you happy then go for it. I refuse to settle and will remain jailbroken so I can do what you can't.
Spoken like a true gentlemen! I would rather have an outdated iOS than have a non-jailbroken phone.

Reactions: eyoungren

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008

Hi mate, should I save ALL the ios12 version blobs? And do I need both tss saver and system info? Or would one or the other be fine?

Going to do this tomorrow.

*** Something odd here - I have an iPhone 6, however my device model is showing iphone 7.2 both in tss saver and the iPhone's About menu. Why?

PS when saving a blob, does it store the actual os? If so I don't have enough memory remaining on my phone!

Last edited:

MeepsterNotchy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2017
California
Hi mate, should I save ALL the ios12 version blobs? And do I need both tss saver and system info? Or would one or the other be fine?

Going to do this tomorrow.

*** Something odd here - I have an iPhone 6, however my device model is showing iphone 7.2 both in tss saver and the iPhone's About menu. Why?

PS when saving a blob, does it store the actual os? If so I don't have enough memory remaining on my phone!
Make a new post, don't hijack a thread

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Make a new post, don't hijack a thread
Apologies dude. I'll step out. But, I hope my asking about blobs etc kind of helped you out a little as there is strong rumour about a 12 jailbreak, so if you are undecided, you may want to save blobs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.