Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dr_vickypedia90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
I own 11 pro max and having no issues other than its big size. I find iphone 12 pro size quite manageable. Should I upgrade to 12 pro just for size difference because practically there’s not much of the difference? Thanks in advance

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Why do you think that anybody can judge this better than yourself when you have played the difference down to just size already?

There are tons of people getting every new iPhone and tons that don’t. Both can be found on this forum.

Most regular users don’t upgrade every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glideslope

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I own 11 pro max and having no issues other than its big size. I find iphone 12 pro size quite manageable. Should I upgrade to 12 pro just for size difference because practically there’s not much of the difference? Thanks in advance
Sounds like you are quite happy with the 11 Pro Max, I see no reason to go from it to the 12 Pro. If you said the the 12 Pro Max then I would say “Yes, if you want the bigger Camera sensor and are big on Photography”, but to the 12 Pro? Nah.

Save your money and wait for the 12S Pro Max/13 Pro Max.

Haribokart

Suspended
Sep 4, 2010
UK
I went from iPhone 8 to the 12 Pro Max and found the device so uncomfortable to use (and impossible to one handed) so I returned it, bought a sealed 11 Pro Max -£500 cheaper- and love it.

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
If that’s what you want, then yes. If it’s not what you want, then no. Asking for people’s personal opinions is one thing. Asking them to use those opinions to make an informed decision for you is another.

Reactions: ericwn

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I went from iPhone 8 to the 12 Pro Max and found the device so uncomfortable to use (and impossible to one handed) so I returned it, bought a sealed 11 Pro Max -£500 cheaper- and love it.

Glad you found a device that works better for you. Although I doubt the 11 can be used one handed either.

Haribokart

Suspended
Sep 4, 2010
UK
Glad you found a device that works better for you. Although I doubt the 11 can be used one handed either.

I can use it fine one handed, as I could the Plus and XS Max models. The 12 Pro Max is sadly the only iPhone I couldn't without discomfort and nearly dropping it all the time.

Reactions: dr_vickypedia90

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
First of all, welcome!

Secondly, I had the same dilemma myself. I was very undecided coming from the 11 Pro Max myself. I was the last in my family to upgrade this year so after using my son's Pro and my wife's Pro Max, I went with the Max and honestly am happy I did. Yes, I like the manageability of the Pro, but the bigger screen and battery life make it all worth it at the end of the day. Quite literally, LOL!

Quick back story, I do like a lighter phone in my pocket. I tried the 11 Pro when it came out and that was just a tad too small, I really do like the size/weight of the 12 Pro this year, but overall the Max was a better fit for me. Not sure of your specifics, but depending on where you buy it, there should be a 14 day return window no?

mrsebsin

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2021
Here’s my 2 cents... A few months back I upgraded from XS Max to the 12 Pro Max. After using it for a while, I’ve decided to go to the 12 Pro (will be here tomorrow).

For me the Max is just too big at this point, even though I have pretty large hands. Also, as my eyes get older, I find I take off my glasses (I’m near sighted) to look at the phone pretty close to my face. This negates the screen size of the Max in a way for my use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.