Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matheew944

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
I have my Ipad 4 since December 2012, 2 years , .so, should I upgrade it to the new Ipad Air 2 or wait the next Ipad Air 3 or Ipad Pro?

minicard

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2014
Oregon
Depends on what you use it for. IF for gaming, then Air 2 would be the way to go. I gave my iPad 4 to my wife and got the Air2. Not much difference in terms of streaming videos, checking email and web surfing. Battery life seems better on the 4.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
Battery life on Ipad Air 2 is better than the Ipad 4?

Not likely. If anything, due to its super thin design the battery in the Air 2 maybe slightly worse. Don't worry, the Air 2 battery is still excellent though.

As for whether to upgrade or not, if you are still happy with the 4 and its performance then I don't see the need to upgrade unless the device is really feeling old to you or you really want the weight and size reductions. For day to day use and with most apps I doubt you'll notice a huge difference of any at all.

Go play with an Air 2 at a local store if possible and see for yourself.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
If your iPad 4 suits your needs, wait for the iPad Air 3!!

No point upgrading unless your current iPad doesn't do what you need.

Matheew944

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
love the air 2 is awesome, I already tested on a apple store, its so thin!, but, I will probably stick with my Ipad 4 until Ipad Air 3 comes

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
Yes, but the battery is MUCH bigger and I don't game on it.

I figured the battery was bigger to accommodate the power hungry A5X in the 3 and the A6X in the 4 + retina display. (Battery life for all iPads appear to be around the ~10 hour mark suggesting the A7/A8X are far more efficient despite working from a smaller battery)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.