Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rika24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
I'm having a hard time deciding on if i should upgrade or not. i have a 27 inch imac late 2012 currently running Mountain Lion. the primary reason for not upgrading is i have Adobe Create Suite 6 Design Standard and i have NO intentions to upgrade to Creative Cloud ($600 a year for software so similar to what i already own is ridiculous).

I've seen mixed reviews for CS6 on El Capitan. some say it's completely incompatible while others say to install java 6 and it fixes everything.

normally i'd be content to stick with Mountain Lion (i like the look a lot more and i prefer iphoto and the favorites sidebar in finder). but i'm looking to buy a new iphone soon and i know the newer iOS is incompatible with Mountain Lion. so i'm stuck on what to do. should i do the upgrade and hope CS6 works or stick with mountain lion and iOS 8?

my warranty will also be up soon (july) so i was contemplating doing the upgrade and taking it into the store if there's anything wrong... i'm just worried about if i could go back to mountain lion if cs6 doesn't work.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
I use PS CS6, with Bridge CC. I also use Acrobat V11.0.15. All works as it did with 10.11.3. That is to say fine, except that since the inception of El Cap, Bridge does not recognize cameras tethered by USB, and therefore will not import pics from my Canon 7D. There is a work around for this, but it is a kludge.

Lou

rika24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2016
most of the issues i've heard about have to do with InDesign, Illustrator had the second most bugs

tmbrown

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2016
most of the issues i've heard about have to do with InDesign, Illustrator had the second most bugs
InDesign CS6 seems to have died completely after my updating to 10.11.4. Even applying the old Java file didn't solve the problem.

Strange, but true. Five minutes after writing the initial post, IND CS6 has started up again! Sure hope my luck holds out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.