Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpsmithdesign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2017
UK
So, I've found a pretty good deal on a brand new Series 2 Nike+ for £249 - do you think it's worth the jump at this price, or should I wait until Black Friday to see if there's anything else? My only real drawback is that it's for the white band/silver aluminium model, which I'm unsure of (I think I prefer the black)

Thanks!

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
hat's the original price in pounds? Anyways, sounds like a good deal to me. I bought the same AW recently and it's a huge improvement over the 1st gen.

I originally had a space gray one but this time I opted for the silver model. It's combinable with a lot more different bands/colors imo.

Look at this beauty :D:

Purp.jpg

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Assuming you’re in the UK, I would be inclined to wait and see what John Lewis have to offer on Black Friday. They usually have pretty good deals, plus they offer a two year warranty.

Reactions: leebroath

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So, I've found a pretty good deal on a brand new Series 2 Nike+ for £249 - do you think it's worth the jump at this price, or should I wait until Black Friday to see if there's anything else? My only real drawback is that it's for the white band/silver aluminium model, which I'm unsure of (I think I prefer the black)

Thanks!

If you found a good sale price now, take advantage of it. There is no telling what holiday sales will offer or compare to what you found currently.

TylerDurden130

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
Can we expect any deals in the 3 lte? In the past has apple offered deals on products released in September? I’m in the US, who typically offers deals?

nanotoj

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2010
I paid full price but Verizon had free activation and 3 months free LTE on AW3. It is a great watch.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Target's Black Friday was just posted and they are not offering any deals on the series 3 watches this year. So I am assuming if they aren't, no one else will be either. But we will know for sure soon enough.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
From the couple of pre black Friday ads I've seen.....there doesn't seem to be any actual discounts on the series 3.

I think what we'll see are promos like "a store gift card included" with the purchase of the watch.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Target's Black Friday was just posted and they are not offering any deals on the series 3 watches this year. So I am assuming if they aren't, no one else will be either. But we will know for sure soon enough.

Yeah, I assume that too since they led in discounting last year. Based on that, I went ahead and used a 10% off coupon BB sent me on a new S3 LTE. While there the Black Friday deal sheet was peeking out next to the Geek Squad register so I took a quick scan just in case. I didn’t see any Apple watches under Wearables.

Of course that doesn’t mean they won’t be on sale for Cyber Monday or a late BF add. Also possible that Apple decides to do BF this year. But with many styles still in uneven availability it does seem a reasonable conclusion they won’t be a sale item until maybe we’ll after Christmas. More BF ads should be floating out in the next week or so. We’ll see.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
There won't be any deals on the Series 3 Apple Watch. It's their latest and greatest and never discount the newest products in the first year on Black Friday.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
There won't be any deals on the Series 3 Apple Watch. It's their latest and greatest and never discount the newest products in the first year on Black Friday.

Last year Best Buy had the Series 1 (which is equal to this years Non-LTE) for $50 off. So that is why I was expecting the Non-LTE version to be on sale this year.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
In the states, the only deals I am seeing right now are on series 1. Most larger retailers have released their ads by now, at least online ("leakes"). The series 1 is $50-$70 off. Best Buy's ad went up today but I can;t recall if they had the $70 off or not. I know someone did.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
For any of those interested in the Series 2 Apple Watch, I would keep a close eye, as those will likely go very fast for any retailers that discount them online or in store.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Last year Best Buy had the Series 1 (which is equal to this years Non-LTE) for $50 off. So that is why I was expecting the Non-LTE version to be on sale this year.
Noooo, the Series 1 & Series 2 were substantially different than the Series 3 LTE/ non-LTE.

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
If anyone is interested in the AW2, I just scored a 42mm stainless steel at BestBuy for $150 off. I’m seeing anywhere from $50-170 off in the AW2 models.

Reactions: satchmo

larmende

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2011
Assuming you’re in the UK, I would be inclined to wait and see what John Lewis have to offer on Black Friday. They usually have pretty good deals, plus they offer a two year warranty.
That's what I am doing. We are so close to BF now, doesn't make much difference time wise now. I know it won't be a great discount, but why throw away a GBP 20 gift card or similar for the sake of a week

larmende

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2011
That's what I am doing. We are so close to BF now, doesn't make much difference time wise now. I know it won't be a great discount, but why throw away a GBP 20 gift card or similar for the sake of a week
Well, no gift card on the Appel Watch. But John Lewis sold it for GBP 399 instead of GBP 429, and via work I can buy a GBP 400 gift card for GBP 380. So overall I got GBP 50 off, or roughly 12% discount.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
I was on the lookout for a deal on a stainless steel AW2or above however all these Black Friday deals seem to be the crappy aluminium model only, grrr.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.