Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

6s or wait for 7

• 6s

Votes: 126 29.4%

Votes: 302 70.6%

• Total voters

davidhong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
So my contract expires this month in January and was eyeing the galaxy s6 and iPhone 6s. BUT, I was wondering if I should wait for the iPhone 7 because I'm really not feeling the 6s because it's literally the same as the iPhone 6 (besides a few new features which I really don't care about). The only thing that's pulling me away from the new galaxy phone is it's abysmal battery life. So, should I wait another ~8-9 months for the iPhone 7? I have an android right now and am willing to switch over.

Reactions: hafizhghfari

dark_knight177

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
So my contract expires this month in January and was eyeing the galaxy s6 and iPhone 6s. BUT, I was wondering if I should wait for the iPhone 7 because I'm really not feeling the 6s because it's literally the same as the iPhone 6 (besides a few new features which I really don't care about). The only thing that's pulling me away from the new galaxy phone is it's abysmal battery life. So, should I wait another ~8-9 months for the iPhone 7? I have an android right now and am willing to switch over.
iPhone 6S with samsung chip has slightly worse battery life than S6. While TSMC is about equal. However the iPhone 6S plus will beat anything out of the water in terms of battery life

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I'd wait for the 7 personally. If the 6s doesn't wow you and your current phone can hold you over until September, the 7 will be the better option.

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Wait for 7, potential waterproof, 256G for 7+, bigger battery, lighter, narrower, of course thinner, in additional to faster CPU, and potential 3G memory for 7+.

It is only 9 month away.

One thing I dislike about how Apple go from 6+ to 6s+, and in some degree from 6 to 6s is it is both heavier and thicker. Slightly but noticeable if you handle both or own 6/6+.

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
All depends if you wanna hold off for 9 months or want a new phone soon. I can tell you that my 6S is a great phone, and from what I've heard from most people the 6S+ is great too.

Anand953

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2015
6s+ is a great phone to own now.. Go for it if you need a new one right away.. Else if you can live with your current phone for another 6-9 months than wait for the 7..

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
I would wait for the iPhone 7. I am planning to downgrade this week from iPhone 6S+ to an iPhone 6. My current phone is not compatible with my Acur Mdx Advance's bluetooth system. I have not used the pressure screen function so I may not miss much. I am going to be taking my wife's iPhone 6, and she will get a new iPhone 6S.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
9 months is a long time from now.

Not really...shrug. OP currently has an Android phone and the features of the 6S aren't enough to make the switch worthwhile for him.

Not the end of the world.

Would you rather him buy the 6S and be unhappy?

Last edited:

Dreads

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2015
Wait for the iPhone 7 it's gonna well worth it you no it's gonna get at least the same features as the 6s plus a complete redesign of apples finest....

Samitch

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2016
I'm planning to make the switch from android to iOS (currently have an HTC One M8 with the battery acting up and a dying power button).
Based on the current iPhone 7 leaks which don't seem very promising, should I get the 6s plus now or wait for the 7?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I'm planning to make the switch from android to iOS (currently have an HTC One M8 with the battery acting up and a dying power button).
Based on the current iPhone 7 leaks which don't seem very promising, should I get the 6s plus now or wait for the 7?

At this point, I would wait until Sept.

If the ip7 doesn't thrill you, the 6s+ will be $100 cheaper than now. So why not wait?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

If you do not see anything "promising", maybe you should look at another Android.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
When I need a phone, I go out and buy one.
Given the context of what the OP wrote, he doesn't need a new phone, but wants an iPhone. Why not wait and see what Apple does in the fall. This has two advantages.
1. The older phone can be had for less money.
2. The newer model may have features better suited for the OP

If the OP had no phone, or one that was failing, I'd agree with you, but without any immediate need, there's no reason to rush out knowing a newer model is coming down the pike

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
This endless waiting loop is ridiculous. If you need new phone go and buy one that fit your needs and move on.

All the correct models will be useful for many years...
I agree, but I don't think that's what the OP is dealing with. If there is no immediate need, then waiting a few months, will generally provide more bang for your buck. We're not talking waiting a few months, then when that rolls around, waiting another year, then waiting even longer. Its more of lets see what happens in the fall and then as an educated consumer he can make the decision.

Reactions: megadon and ABC5S
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.