Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
While trying to figure out why Stolen Device Protection doesn't recognize I'm at my home or doesn't consider my home a frequent location, I noticed something odd.

I have an iPhone, iPad and Mac. Each of them shows a different number of records in Significant Locations. The iPhone shows 55, the iPad 53 and the Mac 3.

Also while the iPhone and iPad both show the same date range (Nov 28 to Jan 18) and same last location (somewhere I was on Jan 18 evening), the Mac shows a date range of Jan 13 to 18 and shows my Home as the last location on Jan 18 (morning) .

My understanding is that the significant locations are shared through iCloud. All three devices are logged into the same iCloud Apple ID so I would expect all 3 devices to should show the same number of locations and the same last locations. The iPhone and iPad are nearly identical (only 2 record difference), but the Mac is way off. They seem to be kind of syncing since my Mac knows when I left home, but everything else doesn't match up.

Are significant locations sync over to the Mac?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.