Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Your_Shrink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2018
California
In the near future, I will be transitioning to a new job and I am going to start a search for a new messenger bag. I will use the bag to transport laptop and or iPad Pro 12.9, along with various files. Show me what you got and thanks for helping me in my search!

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
I use a Marselisborg by dbramante1928.

BG16GT000528.png

BG16GT000528_2.png

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
I used this medium Zero Messenger bag from rickshawbags.com. Holds a 12.9 iPP with case and much more. Can be customized (colors, materials) and accessorized to the nth degree. Indestructible and made in the US. And I see they now have an iPad messenger.

04727BF7-DF16-4126-ADF7-9ABDA3AABB1B.jpeg

Reactions: Your_Shrink

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have a number of briefcases:

1. Some years ago, I needed a sturdy but stylish briefcase, and bought the Saddleback Classic briefcase (medium in chestnut); this is a stunning, indestructible leather bag, and has travelled with me to some strange places. The Saddleback is quite capacious, and will easily hold a computer, (my MBA - and its peripherals), note-books (for writing), iPod, (and peripherals), headphones, water bottle, pens, ink cartridges, business cards, and more.

2. Last year, (the Saddleback is quite heavy), I bought a relatively light briefcase (suede leather) from the Sandstorm company in Nairobi; a lovely briefcase for "light" work (MBA computer, notebook - for writing - and a few other bits and pieces).

3. A few years ago, on finishing up from a previous assignment, I bought a black leather briefcase from Church's - which was my main formal briefcase until this year.

4. This year, on my return from a year abroad, I treated myself to a stunning black leather briefcase - the Paternoster - from Adeney, Swaine and Brigg.

Both of these will hold computer, peripherals, iPod, and chargers, headphones, notebooks, water bottles, Olbas Oil and Tea Tree oil (I carry both everywhere), easily, and both look great and are well balanced which means you can carry them easily.

Last edited:

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Love these simplistic and minimalistic sleeves.
Always keep them when I sell the device. Devices comes and goes, the sleeves lasts.
I have this sleeve for the MBA 11" that I don’t have now (sold) but I hope I soon have one again :)
I have one for the iPadMini (also sold), and for the iPadAir 2 that I do own one right now.

I think I have one for MacBookPro 13" too, no such device in my owning right now though.

Tight sleeves that goes down easy in the. back packs all the time. Never any scratches.
I have them all in black, such as the right pic.

AED6FB57-BD71-48FA-9621-E4E47DB678E1.jpeg 2E6D580B-8C9A-41DB-9424-983841B0D558.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.