Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Bath,England
Hi everyone,

I’m moving house in he next month or so and looking for a new desk set up for my 27”iMac and MacBook,

I’m looking for something that is big enough to allow me to draw on, I’m a designer so need a lot of space. I want something that’s wood ideally, I know ikea do a lot but looking for what people have so I can see desks laid out and how people use the space.

Thank you in advance.
Sam

Reactions: Agile55

Sammy's

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2018
I've been using a sit/stand desk for years and probably won't go back. Here are some good examples of what kind of configurations you can get:

https://www.thehumansolution.com

I do a lot of writing by hand and plan to get a drafting table as well when I have the space.

axboi87

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
Dallas, Tx
I use an IKEA Meltorp table

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 543
Reactions: BigMcGuire

rfle500

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
I just finished my office set up. The top is an IKEA solid oak kitchen top, and the frame was a diy effort made of pine and painted black. It gives plenty of space for notes on one side and my MacBook on the other, though that isn’t very often as I use Dropbox for syncing everything. I added a real wood feature wall of rough wood pine aged with a mix of vinegar and steel wool - I find it really calming and adds some interest to the room.

Attachments

• 711D7AC8-98AD-43E3-8F8F-D6A0B9DD1FC9.jpeg
    711D7AC8-98AD-43E3-8F8F-D6A0B9DD1FC9.jpeg
    678.5 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Hi everyone,

I’m moving house in he next month or so and looking for a new desk set up for my 27”iMac and MacBook,

I’m looking for something that is big enough to allow me to draw on, I’m a designer so need a lot of space. I want something that’s wood ideally, I know ikea do a lot but looking for what people have so I can see desks laid out and how people use the space.

Thank you in advance.
Sam
This long running series of threads might be of some value to you.

Post Your Mac Setup

Reactions: Agile55
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.