Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Chip NoVaMac said:
Tell that to the poor sap of an "instructor" that had Blackhawks and F-16's firing flares at him this past week. I am sorry, that close to the DC area and h had no idea about the restricted airspace?

That's whay I said it. See my responce in the WTF thread.

I fly around here all the time, it's so freaking clear on the sectional chart it's unbelievable. He should get his license permanently yanked. I'll scan the sectional chart later and post it if I get a chance for anyone that has mercy for the asshat.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
You can hardly see my set-up at the moment for the piles of paperwork, so I'm certainly not posting any pictures! Looks great about once a month. :eek:

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iGary said:
That's whay I said it. See my responce in the WTF thread.

I fly around here all the time, it's so freaking clear on the sectional chart it's unbelievable. He should get his license permanently yanked. I'll scan the sectional chart later and post it if I get a chance for anyone that has mercy for the asshat.

I am sorry Gary, I meant no disrespect to you. The issue is that any one within 3 hours of DC should know better. Glad they yanked his license. Whether his student should have his license yanked is open to much debate. For when I took lessons so many years ago, I bore a responsibility to observe the rules that were out there.

From what I have read it was not a situation of poor navigation that caused a straying in to restricted airspace. But a disregard of any flight rules.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Chip NoVaMac said:
I am sorry Gary, I meant no disrespect to you. The issue is that any one within 3 hours of DC should know better. Glad they yanked his license. Whether his student should have his license yanked is open to much debate. For when I took lessons so many years ago, I bore a responsibility to observe the rules that were out there.

From what I have read it was not a situation of poor navigation that caused a straying in to restricted airspace. But a disregard of any flight rules.

Chipperoo - no disrespect taken at all. Just saying I was being sarcastic. They didn't yank his license. That's what I am so pissed about.

Now let's see skunks office. :D

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
That pilot should have his license permamently yanked. How could he have been that dump is beyond me. I fly to dulles alot and am paranoid as heck. Before 911 I would fly in to Reagan, and was ultrasensative to bad vectors, pilots are to be aware.

My office has lots of gizmos to help me, as long as I don't get wrapped up in playing with them, and spend my time using them. SA, situational awareness. There is usually about one way to get it right, and a million ways to fruk it up.

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
skunk said:
No way Jose. :D But I'll make a real effort - really I will - to make it presentable. Soon. :eek:

LMAO... I'll bet 'ya mine's worse... I can't even see my desk right now... I joke, but it's annoying- I gotta get this stuff organized- I'm doing it right now...lol...

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
My office:

Image-16296249C6C711D9.jpg

Our view:

Image-1629759FC6C711D9.jpg

My desk after a hurricane :eek: :

Image-16298772C6C711D9.jpg

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
iGary said:
My desk after a hurricane...

:eek: I just finished a research paper on hurricanes on the coast of America. I had no idea that they were such a 'real' problem. I always thought they were pretty much something reserved for Hollywood (the movies, not the place ;) ). That's scary, I hope no one was hurt.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mad jew said:
:eek: I just finished a research paper on hurricanes on the coast of America. I had no idea that they were such a 'real' problem. I always thought they were pretty much something reserved for Hollywood (the movies, not the place ;) ). That's scary, I hope no one was hurt.

Nope. We weren't here. The worst of the hurricane was during the night, and we left in the early afternoon hours the day before when our power went out.

Came back in the morning to a real mess. Took us two months to get totally back to normal. Four full dumptruck loads full of trashed furniture, carpet, drywall, papers....

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
iGary said:
Nope. We weren't here. The worst of the hurricane was during the night, and we left in the early afternoon hours the day before when our power went out.

Came back in the morning to a real mess. Took us two months to get totally back to normal. Four full dumptruck loads full of trashed furniture, carpet, drywall, papers....

My grandparents live in Fells Point, and there first floor looked like that. A huge mess. I hope you had insurance.

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Now for my cube at work, I did my best to label some of my stuff as well...hopefully it is readable to some of you:

wk_desk1.jpg

these two are mine

wk_desk2.jpg

Close up of my main seat (left hand side of the two)

wk_desk3.jpg

And here is my leftovers (right hand side)

It is completely Macless (save the Apple geeks toon, a G5 ad from the Apple store taped to the other side of my right hand cube, and the iPod affixed to my waist) but it is where I call home for 9 hours a day.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I see that Deefuzz has posted what may be the best Dilbert strip of all time (hot chick sits in Dilbert's lap, he thinks "I can't imagine how this could be any better", she says "So, which Star Trek series do you like the best?"). :)

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
joetronic said:
That sucks. Did you guys pick up most everything from the floor before you left that night? and most importantly, was the chair saved :p

Yeah, we picked up all the electrical equipment and Sawtooths (all survived) from the flor the night before. The Herman Miller chairs survived like champs, even after being submerged in salt water for 12 hours.

We basically trashed all the furniture, ripped up all the carpet, ripped out most of the drywall and started from scratch. The landlord's insurance covered all the structural damage, and we paid for furniture and document restoration stuff.

You'd never believe how devastating a flood is untill you've been though one.

Platform: I got the iMac when they started replacing the Sawtooth's with PC's. Paid for it with my own money, so when I go, it goes. I'm a Mac zealot if there ever was one. Hopefully it will go to good use in my business when I leave here.

Graeme A

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
iGary said:
You'd never believe how devastating a flood is untill you've been though one.

I can vouch for that. We were stuck in Aruba when Hurricane Ivan (I think) passed close by the Island. The pics the street we lived in the morning after the storm. We woke about 3am to find water running through the house... scary!

arubaflood.jpg

I remember this night well as I had to get our valuables (passports, money, flight tickets, computers) from our house to a neighbours who was living in the upper floors. I slipped climbing over walls getting from my house to theirs and dented my 17"PB :( such a sad day. Worst part was trying to get a heavily pregnant wife over walls while trying to avoid water that was 'less than hygenic'. To give you an idea, that water in the middle part of the road is about thigh high.

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
mad jew said:
I love the labels Deefuzz, very witty. :D

Haha thanks! :D

clayj said:
I see that Deefuzz has posted what may be the best Dilbert strip of all time (hot chick sits in Dilbert's lap, he thinks "I can't imagine how this could be any better", she says "So, which Star Trek series do you like the best?").

Yeah that strip rocks! :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Graeme A said:
I can vouch for that. We were stuck in Aruba when Hurricane Ivan (I think) passed close by the Island. The pics the street we lived in the morning after the storm. We woke about 3am to find water running through the house... scary!

arubaflood.jpg

That is a very eery looking picture. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.