Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the-bigwig

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2016
I've found a weird bug/glitch in two XS Maxes, my and my gf's. Sorry for my English though, be nice please lol.
- First of all, turn off the "change by buttons" option in "sounds and haptics" in settings app. This way, I can adjust the games/vids/apps volume without changing the ringtones and alerts volumes. I think its turned off by default now so keep it in mind.
- Turn off the Live Photo option
- Turn the volume all the way down by pressing the buttons. In result, you should still hear all the alerts, messages, calls, keyboard clicks and so on. Try it before the next step. If you hear everything as I said, go into the next one.
- Open your camera
And there comes a part funny as hell...
- You don't have the shutter sound in a "regular" photo mode.
- You do have the shutter sound in...a portrait mode.

Someone can replicate this issue or we are the chosen ones lol?
Holy moly!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I've found a weird bug/glitch in two XS Maxes, my and my gf's. Sorry for my English though, be nice please lol.
- First of all, turn off the "change by buttons" option in "sounds and haptics" in settings app. This way, I can adjust the games/vids/apps volume without changing the ringtones and alerts volumes. I think its turned off by default now so keep it in mind.
- Turn off the Live Photo option
- Turn the volume all the way down by pressing the buttons. In result, you should still hear all the alerts, messages, calls, keyboard clicks and so on. Try it before the next step. If you hear everything as I said, go into the next one.
- Open your camera
And there comes a part funny as hell...
- You don't have the shutter sound in a "regular" photo mode.
- You do have the shutter sound in...a portrait mode.

Someone can replicate this issue or we are the chosen ones lol?
Holy moly!
Mine is the same way, not a big deal in my opinion..

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I don’t use sounds on my phone so this isn’t an issue for me. :p. But if you’re in the Apple beta program report it as a bug in the Feedback App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.