Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avemestr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2012

Djevlen

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
http://www.feralinteractive.com/en/news/342/
Release date announced!

The game is indeed fairly old but its part of Ferals´Legend brand intended for old games:p

Their reasoning for porting old games and putting them under the Feral Legends brand is that the game have low system requirements so that anyone can play them and since most of the Feral legends games are really good it doesn't matter that they're old.

If you want high-end graphics you should buy/build a Windows PC

Last edited:

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
The game is six years old and the Windows version costs 5€! I like Feral Interactive, but I think porting this to Mac wasn't their best decision.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
The game is six years old and the Windows version costs 5€! I like Feral Interactive, but I think porting this to Mac wasn't their best decision.

I disagree. It's a great game and I am looking forward to enjoying it on the Mac. For its age, the visuals still look nice and are colorful too.

Good gameplay doesn't get old. I'm also looking forward to the release of the enhanced Baldur's Gate for Mac. :D

Djevlen

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
Its as safe as Steam, in addition their app is a million times better than the steam app.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Is it safe it safe to download from the macgamestore.com. Will I get viruses etc

No, MacGameStore is one of our official partners, they sell all our digital games virus free :)

We have lots of Mac users with cards like the HD3000 and Nvidia 9400M series which are underpowered when it comes to gaming, by offering classic games which were hugely popular but never made it to the Mac before means Mac owners get a steady stream of games that they can play without needing a newer Mac from the last few years.

We also port new AAA games like Batman Arkham City GOTY while at the same time porting some older "Legends" titles. Railroads! is a "Legends" game which means a lower price & lower specifications but with the same attention to detail and polish as our brand new AAA games have.

Railroads! on the Mac will come with GameRanger and GameCenter multiplayer support (depending on the store).

Although modding is always unsupported we have tested some PC mods and the in-game level editor so the game will not only be fun to play the first time but with all the mods and extra levels you can make yourself the replay factor should be pretty high. The last Sid Meier's game Pirates! was also a Legends title but proved to be really popular among Mac users and we hope Railroads! will be the same.

Basically to summarise we try and make games for all types, cutting edge games for people who want to play the newest game on their brand new Mac and also games for the people who would like something new that can play on their 4 year old Mac.

Both types of gamer are catered for by having our new AAA games alongside our Legends brand :)

Edwin

Last edited:

Hackfix21

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2011
I think that's great, but with a massive backlog of yet-to-play games which I'm picking up on Steam for a couple of quid each, I'm not going to shell out $30 for this one - I'd say a tenner is about the pain threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.