Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
Hi all,

Since upgrading the Mavericks i have noticed the side bar icons in the finder are not displaying properly.

i have deleted the preferences files (finder and sidebar plist files). I have verified disk permissions nothing bad there. Screen shot below of what is occurring.

---------------------

I believe i fixed it. My iMac has two hard disk drives installed, the home folder is on one of the two disks. I found in the Accounts pane, under advanced options that the path was /Volumes/Cerebellum//Users/Username/. I changed to to /Volumes/Cerebellum/Users/Username. Rebooted icons now restored.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 7.39.53 am.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 7.39.53 am.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

tzutzu

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2013
hi. can you please be more specific?? what do you refer to when you say Accounts pane, advanced options???? thank you.:)

kwokaaron

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
London, UK
hi. can you please be more specific?? what do you refer to when you say Accounts pane, advanced options???? thank you.:)

I think sliceoftoast meant the 'Users & Groups' preference pane in system preferences. Right click on user in the list on the left and click on the "Advanced Options..." :)

tzutzu

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2013
I think sliceoftoast meant the 'Users & Groups' preference pane in system preferences. Right click on user in the list on the left and click on the "Advanced Options..." :)

thanks. Even though everything was ok in the "advanced options" all I had to do was to reselect the volume in "safe boot" and do a restart. that's it...everything is back to normal now :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.