Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omelet1978

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
I was just wondering if there was anything coming out for the new Magic Keyboard that protects against drops.

The normal ones on Amazon seemed like they would last for one drop (Satechi, Coverbuddy, Pitaka). I ended up getting rid of the Magic Keyboard a while back and use the Logitech keyboard folio on my iPad. But I'd prefer the Magic Keyboard and if something came out that was more durable I'd get it. I'm always on the road so side protection is important for me since eventually something will happen and I'll drop it.

yanksfan114

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
I dont know if you've used the previous Magic Keyboard but even though it shows the side of the iPad on 3/4 sides, theres a very slight protrusion from the keyboard case when closed which helps protect against it. I've had the magic keyboard case since it came out in 2020 and my iPad is still pristine around the edges. Logitech has a new iPad Pro M4 case thats similar to the Magic Keyboard, but with a detachable keyboard and protection around the edges.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
No sides, but case extends over the edge of the keyboard.

Rokair

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2020
No sides, but case extends over the edge of the keyboard.

I like the idea of this one. But... one of the things that had me waiting for this new ipad and apple magic keyboard case is to reduce the weight and thickness. I know everyone has a different opinion on this. LOL

But, I do really wish that Apple would have added something to help hold the pencil instead of just the magnet. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.