Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonyelo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2022
Hi,

Hope everyone is ok. I just have a quick question. What's your experience with sidecar? Since the introduction of Universal Control, sidecar has become very unstable!, It constantly tries to switch to Universal Control disconnecting sidecar. Never experienced this before... anyone else having issues? any advice?

regards!

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
It has been working fine for me. I actually use both at the same time sometimes. If you don't want to use Universal Control, then turn it off in Display preferences. Or if you want to use both at the same time, arrange your Sidecar display and Universal Control display in a way that makes sense to you in Display settings. I found this post to be helpful with that.

Reactions: tonyelo

tonyelo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2022
It has been working fine for me. I actually use both at the same time sometimes. If you don't want to use Universal Control, then turn it off in Display preferences. Or if you want to use both at the same time, arrange your Sidecar display and Universal Control display in a way that makes sense to you in Display settings. I found this post to be helpful with that.
Nice idea, it might work as I believe I have both set to the same side of the screen... that's probably making it switch back and forth. thanks!

GoztepeEge

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I started having some complaints as well. I recently purchased an iPad 9, and I am also using a MBP 14" M1 Pro processor. But I am not so satisfied with the Sidecar. There are lots of bugs I noticed, and I can not understand why Apple released this solution with all these anomalies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.