Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tehbank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2015
Germany
I want to sideload apps to my ATV4 with Xcode7 and as i understand this should work add hoc without being a enrolled developer. But i don´t seem to get it running...

My Xcode project runs fine in the simulator, but it won't sideload because of signing issues.

If i try to "run" it Xcode breaks with a
No provisioning profiles with a valid signing identity (i.e. certificate and private key pair) matching the platform “tvOS” were found.

Xcode can attempt to fix this issue. This will reset your code signing and provisioning settings to recommended values and resolve issues with signing identities and provisioning profiles.

"Fix Issue" won't help.

You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
https://developer.apple.com/support"

The AVT4 is connected and shows up in the devices window.

Sideloading to my iPad / iPhone works without any problems.

What am i missing?

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Try setting all of your signing and provisioning profiles to automatic for the Apple TV, don't actually try and generate any yourself.

tehbank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2015
Germany
I tried it with another apple id and it finally worked. Solved that problem for me but strange after all.

export800

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
Same thing happened with me. I had to create a new appleid to make it work.

I ran into the issue yesterday and was pulling my hair out until I found another similar post to yours on another site saying to create a new id. It might be screwy on my original since I used to have a paid dev account and then cancelled it last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.