Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
I upgraded to High Sierra a few months ago, and have given it far longer than I should have, but was worried about going back to Sierra because of hassle. And it was, the Microsoft code unaccepted and spending hours on phone to Microsoft despite code being used on same hardware/software, the App store refusal to use apple ID despite it being the same, etc. etc. Usual problems.

Anyway,

About Spotlight.
Despite it being a cloned CCC SSD it still went through the usual hours of indexing when I re-installed it, but I always remember when looking for 'Disk Utility' in Spotlight before, I just wrote 'Di' and it came up, and was top. The only 'Disk Utility' Spotlight now shows me is a link to a Wikipedia page about it? I write 'D' and it flashes for a second and disappears for something else useless, but isn't in the list after. And indexing has finished. Any idea what's happened. Thanks

Last edited:

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Yep, I had that as well, prior to this problem and have the bookmarks unticked, but this is a different problem. Similar to that, but when I type in Disk Utility, it only shows a wiki explanation for it, and not the actual short cut to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.