Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeeimpulsenine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2016
Hey,

So I have a predicament. I decided to update my 5,1 from El Cap .6 to Sierra. Went through the usual process of popping my EFI card (an NVIDIA GT120) so I can see the load screen etc. Installing went fine. Installed the current web driver and then switched back over to my two screens out of the 980ti and everything works perfectly fine. Turned the machine off and took out the EFI card and now when I restart I get the boot chime, and then a grey Mac screen with my mouse caught in the top corner and it won't move. I can see the machine over my network and login to share files but I cannot log in to screen share. If i put the EFI card back in the 980ti outputs work fine again.

Anyone got any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Zac

Last edited:

prvt.donut

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
Did you modify the boot arguments Kext to use the web drivers as a priority over the built in drivers?

zeeimpulsenine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2016
Did you modify the boot arguments Kext to use the web drivers as a priority over the built in drivers?
It Boots up with the GT120 in using the Web Driver. I've made sure to confirm the Web Driver is the driver to use through a terminal command (which I imagine is the same thing) but I have not edited any kext.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.