Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZigzagRacer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2023
I’ve been having an issue on my phone for the last two months or so with frequent sign in prompts.

iPhone 14 Pro Max running iOS 16.5.1

Has occurred before and after iOS update. I’ve tried everything recommended by Apple support and Apple store including full restart as new, reset all settings, delete and download app apps, sign out and back in, etc. I do not have a VPN or anything indicating an issue with my account. I’ve don’t everything short of replacing the phone.It occurs on several apps and in purchase history. No matter how many times I enter my password or click cancel, it shows back up.

Occurs randomly. Sometimes it pops up every 20-60 minutes. Sometimes it doesn’t pop up for a day or two.

Apple support is working with engineers to troubleshoot.

My guess is an issue with iTunes, App Store, or purchase history. Since viewing purchase history seems to make it pop up more often.

The issue hasn’t been as bad this week, but the pop up used to show up like ten times a day.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, how did you resolve it?

Thank you!
IMG_0051.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.