Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dafodeu

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
I decided to test sign in with Apple. The app I found that had it live was Pocket - the read it later app. I clicked login and then select Sign in With Apple which creates a new account. You are then taken to a screen that has your first and last name and email address already populated. You have the option to alter your name, I deleted my last name. You also have the option to hide your email. I selected hide email. Here are where the issues start.

1) I never received a welcome email or instructions email from Pocket which I selected to receive with instructions on how to use pocket.

2) When I go into profile to try to change any information it asks me to enter my password. This is needed to change things like profile name or the relay email which i see listed which is random characters @privaterelay.appleid.com. With Sign In with Apple I was not giving a password.

3) How am I suppose to use Pocket on either the Mac App or web browser since there is no sign in with Apple options there. Do we know if sign in with apple will support Mac apps and browser logins?

Sign in With Apple is a welcomed feature but some issues need to be resolved.

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018

What you need
To sign into an app or website that offers Sign in with Apple, you need:
Sign in with Apple is available with participating apps on Apple devices with the latest software—iOS 13 or later, iPadOS 13 or later, watchOS 6 or later, macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, and tvOS 13 or later—and with participating websites in Safari. You can also use Sign in with Apple with other web browsers and on other platforms, like Android or Windows.

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
Q: Given what has transpired with the Reminders app in IOS 13.....does anyone think similar issues may occur with Sign in with Apple? How would this affect sign ins on other devices (iPad?) for say banking; health etc? Would the iPhone using IOS 13 shut these out in the manner of Reminders? Just asking.....plan on waiting for Apple to release updates this week for iPad etc. before I take any chances.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.