Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Also after an account is associated, the icon isn't correct either.

Yeah... that's one of the issues. We can't fix that. Apple doesn't have a way to allow web-only Apple Sign in. If there's no associated app, then there's no icon.

arn

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: NayoNL and ipedro

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018
So I created an Adobe account using SIWA using the private email relay. I can sign in fine on the adobe apps on my phone but when I go to the adobe website sign-in page and attempt to click the Sign in with Apple button it asks me if I want to create an account using my Apple ID. Anyone find a way to sign into their website using an existing SIWA created account?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was misunderstanding what it was asking for when signing in via the website. It does work.

Last edited:

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Apple has now given a specific date for when Sign In With Apple will be mandatory. Previously, it was just “April”, now it’s specifically (and disappointingly) April 30th.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Booking.com and Trivago have added Sign in with Apple
6CBDC38C-D3C3-484A-9C92-916921FAFF6D.png 19BB7487-7EE6-45D6-959F-0C2E12409901.png

Last edited:

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
TED Talks has replied to my review, saying that Sign In With Apple is coming soon.

D82942D9-C6CF-44C1-B4AB-4E56E8814771.jpeg

We can pressure developers into adding Sign In With Apple by giving them a bad review and stating why.

With TED now coming, I’m moving onto Yelp. Go leave a review like this on the apps you care about most.

Reactions: seezar

kylew1212

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
TED Talks has replied to my review, saying that Sign In With Apple is coming soon.

View attachment 898350

We can pressure developers into adding Sign In With Apple by giving them a bad review and stating why.

With TED now coming, I’m moving onto Yelp. Go leave a review like this on the apps you care about most.

I wrote a review similar to this for BestBuy, they responded and said that it is in work.

Reactions: ipedro

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
What I dont understand is how "its in the works" when THEY HAD IT ON THERE ALREADY and removed it. :rolleyes:

I guess they had some issue with it?? I'm with you, seems odd.

This is not as odd as it might seem to begin with. After releasing the feature they may have realised that things aren’t quite working as they expected it to, so they turned the feature off to make sure the issues are fixed.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I’ve had my first instance where Sign In With Apple has enabled me to stop unsolicited emails.

Pocket has been sending me almost daily recommendations. When I click unsubscribe, it says I’m already unsubscribed and so I have no control over what additional emails they send me.

So I went over to my Sign In With Apple settings and shut them down.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
The main problem as I see it is even though some of these services are now offering Sign In with Apple but you’d already have had accounts with them with history / playlists / order history etc. How are you going to move them to the new account?! Some services might provide you loyalty rewards etc.

kylew1212

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I’ve had my first instance where Sign In With Apple has enabled me to stop unsolicited emails.

Pocket has been sending me almost daily recommendations. When I click unsubscribe, it says I’m already unsubscribed and so I have no control over what additional emails they send me.

So I went over to my Sign In With Apple settings and shut them down.

I've missed you guys. I keep looking for new Sign in with Apple apps but I haven't seen any changes.
[automerge]1584469183[/automerge]
The main problem as I see it is even though some of these services are now offering Sign In with Apple but you’d already have had accounts with them with history / playlists / order history etc. How are you going to move them to the new account?! Some services might provide you loyalty rewards etc.

This is already a problem for me with Movies Anywhere. I want to completely switch my account to SIWA but they do not support it currently.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I've missed you guys. I keep looking for new Sign in with Apple apps but I haven't seen any changes.
[automerge]1584469183[/automerge]

This is already a problem for me with Movies Anywhere. I want to completely switch my account to SIWA but they do not support it currently.

Exactly! And that’s why unfortunately I haven’t been able to move any of my accounts to Sign In with Apple sadly.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON

In most cases, if you let them see your real email, and your AppleID email matches the one they have on file, then they’ll convert your account to Sign In With Apple.

One idea I had is that in the process of signing up with Sign In With Apple, it shows you the relay email address. If you go and log into the app with a separate device and change your existing account to that relay email address, it should allow you to maintain a hidden email since the switch to Sign In With Apple will be complete at that point. I’ll try it with the next app I switch.

hiro_hamada

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2017
Does anyone converted Adobe account? I'd like to switch, but I don't want to end up creating duplicated account.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Vimeo’s app is now showing Sign In With Apple.

4B555DC3-B6BD-4CE6-9D79-B325428B3FBD.png

It doesn’t however allow linking to an existing account. I tried allowing Vimeo to see my email and even though my Apple ID is the same as my Vimeo login account, it created a new account. So, now I have 2 Vimeo accounts with the same email address.

If I try to Sign In with Apple through the Vimeo website, it crashes, probably because there are two accounts with the same email address.

A3A6C2ED-0524-4DD8-80CE-46028169747E.jpeg

They didn’t quite think this through.

Reactions: kylew1212

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
So far whichever service I asked, seems to have not implemented a switching mechanism from existing account to a Sign In with Apple account.

kylew1212

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
So far whichever service I asked, seems to have not implemented a switching mechanism from existing account to a Sign In with Apple account.

I've only seen one app which had a switching mechanism, which was CheapCharts. CheapCharts should be a reference app for how to do SIWA.

Etsy has sign in with Apple but no switching, I just deleted my old account and made a new one.
Movies Anywhere has no switching either, I haven't figure out what to do there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.