Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

googerdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2015
Hi,
I download an app from apple using internet download manager but after downloading ipa file it was not signed with any apple id and it lacked iTunesArtwork and iTunesMetadata.plist files. u
Is there any solution to resolve it or i must download app using slow itunes.
Thanks

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
As far as I can tell, the only way to download an app from Apple is from either the App Store on your phone, or iTunes on you PC/MAC.

There is/was an app called iModSign, which will sign an App, however if you legitimately downloaded the app, there should be no reason to do this.

That app is usually used to install pirated apps. I know people can try to make up excuses (lost password for their iTunes account, etc...) but that is the primary use of that app. I can not share where or how to get it, and encourage you to buy the app in question.

If you were not trying to do that, I recommend that you download your app directly from the app store on your phone, or on your PC/MAC without the "internet download manager" that you mentioned.

googerdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2015
Thanks Mike
The reason that I asked this question is because the speed of downloading apps with itunes is so slow but when I download with download manager I get 100 time faster speed. Is a solution to this?

Last edited:

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
But how large is this app that it will take that longer to download through iTunes or directly on the iDevice?

googerdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2015
It is not one app, more than 150 apps that the size of them start from 10MB to 1.5GB

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It is not one app, more than 150 apps that the size of them start from 10MB to 1.5GB

Why would you be getting over 150 apps at one time all together basically? Something seems off about it all.

googerdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2015
I just got an iphone and want to test some of them and choose which one to keep. Please tell me if it is possible to increase to speed or not? I don't think number of apps show something not in place!!!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I just got an iphone and want to test some of them and choose which one to keep. Please tell me if it is possible to increase to speed or not? I don't think number of apps show something not in place!!!

Without getting involved in a discussion of pirating apps, clearly you are trying to bypass paying for apps. And as the other poster noted, assisting you with piracy is not permitted here.

googerdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2015
Without getting involved in a discussion of pirating apps, clearly you are trying to bypass paying for apps. And as the other poster noted, assisting you with piracy is not permitted here.

Is speeding problem PIRACY!!! Why don't u offer solution to download fast from iTunes???

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
From time to time, I open iTunes and see that there are a number of updates to apps. I don't open it often, so there is usually a lot. They all download quickly at home on my 300mb connection.

Even if I downloaded the updates on 3G, it's normally not that bad either...and I have Sprint.

This forum does not condone piracy, which you just admitted is what you are trying to do. In any case, you have been given more information on what you need than this site allows.

Despite all of that, you don't need to sign it anyway, as I am sure the others on the thread are aware of also.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Well the issue isn't download speed. It's you wanting one click downloads vs searching individually on iTunes. Not sure how you expect to speed that up.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Speaking solely to your speed.

One way to increase your iTunes speed would be to pay for a faster connection.

If that's not possible, another thought would be to try and find a faster connection somewhere other than where you are now.

googerdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2015
I'm sorry to tell that i'm from Iran and have maximum 2Mbps Connection not 300Mbps. Speed of downloading with iTunes is 128Kbps so justify me to search every option to speed up. It seems that there is no way except bite myself!!!

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
What I normally do when I know a file will take some time to download is to download the file when I have something else to do. Example: begin the download and then have dinner, or just before I go to bed, or some other activity that occupies my time. That way, when the activity is finished, I can look forward to having the download completed and ready for me to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.