Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrputer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Am trying to Turn Off sign in with phone instead of password. On my PC, Manage Account/Security, I see ‘Use your phone to sign in,’ but don’t have an option to turn it off.

When I go to Settings/Google on my iPhone, the only options there are Local, Local Network, etc.

Can someone please help me turn this feature off. My thanks.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I think more details are needed to get the whole picture. For what are you trying to disable the "sign in with phone" setting? Are you asking about a Windows Manage Account/Security setting? Are you asking about an app? Or is this related to your Google account? On your iPhone, which iOS version are you on?

Reactions: The1andOnly

mrputer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Thank you for responding.
When in gmail and go to My Account/Security I see
“‘Use your phone to sign in’ was turned on”. When I click the arrow, am taken to page which again says 'Use your phone to sign in' was turned on. It's now possible to sign in to your Google Account by tapping a prompt on your phone. There is a checkmark next to Windows, This device.'

If I click Manage Settings on that screen, I see: ‘Do you have your Apple iPhone SE (2nd generation)
Google will send a notification to your Apple iPhone SE (2nd generation) to verify it’s you’
[Yes, I have iPhone SE]

My question is, how do I turn off 'Use your phone to sign in'? I see nothing on the iPhone under Gmail or Google helps.

Hope I haven't muddied the waters.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Thank you for responding.
When in gmail and go to My Account/Security I see
“‘Use your phone to sign in’ was turned on”. When I click the arrow, am taken to page which again says 'Use your phone to sign in' was turned on. It's now possible to sign in to your Google Account by tapping a prompt on your phone. There is a checkmark next to Windows, This device.'

If I click Manage Settings on that screen, I see: ‘Do you have your Apple iPhone SE (2nd generation)
Google will send a notification to your Apple iPhone SE (2nd generation) to verify it’s you’
[Yes, I have iPhone SE]

My question is, how do I turn off 'Use your phone to sign in'? I see nothing on the iPhone under Gmail or Google helps.

Hope I haven't muddied the waters.
Thanks, these details are very helpful, and I'm going to hope someone who uses Gmail will respond with some help. In the meantime, have you taken a look at Gmail help on this topic?

I'd like to suggest too that you edit your original post to change the thread title so that it includes something like "Gmail: how to disable sign in with phone".

mrputer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2021
Again my thanks. Have edited the Thread title.

Yes, I spent some time on I'net doing searches. Only found one post on this topic, but for an Android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.