Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
anyone encountering this issue where when you open an app, the signal bars suddenly 'empty out' and reappear once the app is launched?

the signal bar is there, but the bars are depleted

anyone has found out any positive workarounds??

Attachments

• A352BE6F-6959-4B47-BC10-2850A6767DA2.png
    A352BE6F-6959-4B47-BC10-2850A6767DA2.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 638

FotorX

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2018
Hungary
anyone encountering this issue where when you open an app, the signal bars suddenly 'empty out' and reappear once the app is launched?

the signal bar is there, but the bars are depleted

anyone has found out any positive workarounds??
The exact same thing happened to my iPhone X running iOS 11.4.1 yesterday after a reboot. Selecting an app from the app switcher shows depleted signal bars and it fills up about 1 second later. I didn't have time to use my phone that time, so I locked it, and unlocked about 3 hours later. Since then I was not able to replicate this bug, and haven't seen it since then. It looks like it fixed itself. Give it a few hours, and it will probably go back to normal.

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
The exact same thing happened to my iPhone X running iOS 11.4.1 yesterday after a reboot. Selecting an app from the app switcher shows depleted signal bars and it fills up about 1 second later. I didn't have time to use my phone that time, so I locked it, and unlocked about 3 hours later. Since then I was not able to replicate this bug, and haven't seen it since then. It looks like it fixed itself. Give it a few hours, and it will probably go back to normal.

Same here, its erratic. Sometimes it keeps happening and sometimes no issues at all.

FotorX

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2018
Hungary
Same here, its erratic. Sometimes it keeps happening and sometimes no issues at all.
It is extremely annoying, but fortunately this is nothing harmful or serious. I would imagine this is like the constant spinning wheel on older iPhone models. A simple graphical glitch. Apple seems to have quite a few of these nowadays.

gardiboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
It is extremely annoying, but fortunately this is nothing harmful or serious. I would imagine this is like the constant spinning wheel on older iPhone models. A simple graphical glitch. Apple seems to have quite a few of these nowadays.

I would say visually annoying. I hope this has been fixed in ios 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.