Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bhill16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2021
I recently checked my boyfriends Significant Locations and it only showed history from Aug 1st to now (Aug 6th). He claims he didn’t manually clear this history. His excuse is that he signed out of Apple ID July 31st which must have reset/wiped his significant locations history ? is this possibly true? Are there other reasons/ways a phone would randomly delete its own significant locations history? Last piece of info for context- he also changed his phone number (kept the phone itself) on July 28th. Thanks in advance for helping me figure out if I should be single or not lol.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
It's possible to clear one or more significant locations using the steps in this Apple Support article, and it might be possible after signing out of an Apple ID too. But sounds like the real issue is loss of trust between the two of you, which is much more important than significant locations history. Maybe it's time to talk it over.

Are you really on iOS 11?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.