Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 29, 2007
When my wife calls me from work it always has the same area code and exchange (i.e. first 3 digits) but the last 4 digits vary widely.

Is there a way to have the Slience Caller feature on, but allow these kinds of numbers without haviung to put every one in a contact.. I have setup a "work" contact for her and keep adding the numbers, but I keep missing calls with new variants of the last 4 digits.

I just tried adding a number that is just the area code and first three digits only; i.e. (xxx) xxx- instead of (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I was just thinking today about how I want this. I have a particular prefix I want to whitelist and I wish there was an easy way to do that.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Would be nice if you could do something like 123-456-**** to wildcard digits.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Would be nice if you could do something like 123-456-**** to wildcard digits.

Exactly. I know for certain that a particular area code and exchange combo is something I'll always want to answer but I have no way of knowing every number that could call me from there.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Exactly. I know for certain that a particular area code and exchange combo is something I'll always want to answer but I have no way of knowing every number that could call me from there.
That's my exact problem. My wife works in a large hospital and calls from zone phones there. She's not allowed to carry her personal phone while she is working, but can at least get and send texts using her Apple Watch.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
That's my exact problem. My wife works in a large hospital and calls from zone phones there. She's not allowed to carry her personal phone while she is working, but can at least get and send texts using her Apple Watch.
Yep, mine is from a medical facility also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.