Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I bought 2 iPhones. One has a screen stuck with the Apple logo frozen and the other did not have a SIM card, nor the SIM tray. Honest. Completely gone. There was a hole in the top where the tray should be. I called the AT&T store where I bought it and they gave me a 1-800-myphone # to call. The Apple agent talked with some of her associates and told me to go back to the AT&T store to return it. So, I gladly made the short trip and the AT&T store does not take any repairs or returns of the iPhone. Great. There was a kind Apple Genuis Bar employee on site for the launch event (Bob) that called the closest Apple store. I was told to go and exchange it there and they would swap them out without a problem. So, I make the trek to the Apple store, did the swap, came back home and got ready to finally launch the iPhone and the SIM card was not able to be activated with this phone. I get an error message to get a new SIM card from the AT&T store. Argh. So, I understand that this is a new product, first series, but 3 bad phones? Saturday trip to the AT&T store and I recognize all of the faces of the employees who helped me with my return on launch night. I got a new SIM card and the manager was very apologetic. Nice. So, I make my way home, ready to try their new SIM card and I get the same SIM error..I have made a Genuis Bar appointment for Sunday and am bringing my laptop to authorize the iPhone (both of them in fact) on site to make sure I get something working. I do want this phone. I tried the demo model on the floor and was amazed. It works exactly like all of the videos online. Amazing piece of design, hardware and software. Has anyone had this much trouble with theirs? I know things like this happen to people and I guess it was my turn to be "people". iFrustrated and iHopeful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.