Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UPBaylor

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
I'll try to distill the situation to the base elements for brevity and clarity.

ATT service for our family.

iPhone 12 appeared broken, took it into Apple Store (fortunately down the street) and bought an iPhone 14 to replace it. At the store, they transferred service from the 12 (physical SIM) to the new 14 (e-SIM). That was last week and the 14 remains in the box. Powered on the old 12 out of curiosity and now everything works fine, so we don't need the 14. How do I go about sending the activation back to the 12, so I can return the 14 still in the box which was never set up or even powered on? Can I do that on my own or should I take it to ATT or can I do it at Apple when I return the 14?

UPBaylor

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
That's fine. They can just activate the old 12 with eSIM or give me a new physical one. I'm just looking for the process so I don't go to Apple, only to be sent to ATT then back to Apple.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
you might try logging in to your AT&T account. If your iphone 12 is still listed as on your account, you might be able to download a new ESIM to your phone. If the device is listed, on that device select Manage Device, then select Support. Towards the bottom see if you have a selection for Setup your ESIM..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.