Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nor*Cal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Irvine, CA
89167614.jpg

I am just trying to reduce clutter. The bottom connections to the car are hidden, so you only see what's going to the phone. I am essentially trying to have a setup similar to the Kensington LiquidAUX. Is there something that can accomplish this? I would get the LiquidAUX but I do not need the remote and don't want to pay that much to get a cleaner look. Thank you!

GreasyWeasel

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2006
UK
Yes, I use this with my iPhone 2G.

Griffin Autopilot

I have read that it works with the 3G iPhone too even though the site doesn't state that the iPhone are compatible. It does display the message that it isn't an officially support product when you plug it in but it works great.

Nor*Cal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Irvine, CA
Yes, I use this with my iPhone 2G.

Griffin Autopilot

I have read that it works with the 3G iPhone too even though the site doesn't state that the iPhone are compatible. It does display the message that it isn't an officially support product when you plug it in but it works great.

Ahh, that looks like it would work. Is there anything cheaper out there though?

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
The Belkin Auto Kit worked very well with my 2g... However it fell out of my car this winter and got lost in the snow.

I'm not sure if it works with the 3g, but I think it can be found online for 30 bucks.

The Griffin Autopilot is what I used to replace the auto-kit. I liked the buttons on the charger itself, since I frequently change songs... I had to send my first one back, due to an issue it had with Speaker popping when I change tracks, but the replacement works well so far.

I think with some digging, you can find it for 30 bucks online, too...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.