Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
How do I connect my music library to my iPhone? I've downloaded and setup everything I needed. It shows up under SHARED in iTunes, but when I go to Simplify on my iPhone, it just says connecting to libraries.

Anyone had this? How do you fix it?

P-79

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
How do I connect my music library to my iPhone? I've downloaded and setup everything I needed. It shows up under SHARED in iTunes, but when I go to Simplify on my iPhone, it just says connecting to libraries.

Anyone had this? How do you fix it?

P-79

It can take a long time. I am finding that a lot of my songs aren't appearing. (not AAC-protected, but a number of ALAC files, some of which are appearing).

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
It can take a long time. I am finding that a lot of my songs aren't appearing. (not AAC-protected, but a number of ALAC files, some of which are appearing).

But, doesn't it at least appear with the name of the shared library? All I'm getting is a "connecting to library..." (which I have been stairing at for about 15 minutes).

P-79

slapguts

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
I've been fighting with this one for quite awhile now. A couple of tips-

Make sure your phone's named something with no puncuation in it.

If you're on Windows, make sure the SimplifyMedia app and iTunes are not firewalled.

Make sure music sharing is set up in iTunes.

Those seem to be the main issues I was having.

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Canada

If you're on Windows, make sure the SimplifyMedia app and iTunes are not firewalled.

When you say your phone's name, do you mean what I named it in iTunes?

Thanks for the advice! I'll try it when I get back to my computer!

P-79

slapguts

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
When you say your phone's name, do you mean what I named it in iTunes?

Thanks for the advice! I'll try it when I get back to my computer!

P-79

Yup, exactly. Instead of "Joe's iPhone", change it to "Joes iPhone". The code seems to use the name of the device, and puncuation throws errors.

Also, and I may be wrong, but allowing a program called SMNP Trap through my firewall was the last thing I changed before it started working.

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
Yup, exactly. Instead of "Joe's iPhone", change it to "Joes iPhone". The code seems to use the name of the device, and puncuation throws errors.

Also, and I may be wrong, but allowing a program called SMNP Trap through my firewall was the last thing I changed before it started working.

Hey, I got it working! Thanks a lot!

But, it's not working correctly. One of my computers shows up on my iPhone, but not the other. And, when it connected to my computer, I click on a song, but it just buffers forever.

And, as I speak, my iPhone just lost contact with my computer. Wow, this is some really glitchy software!

Thanks again for the help!

P-79

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
Nvm, it was scanning my libraries. Thanks a lot!!!

This is so awesome (I've got like a 30gb music collection, so this comes in handy!).

Although, it is taking forever to buffer (about 2 minutes and still, it isn't playing, sigh...)

Thanks again!

P-79

sclerozo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2008

I am experiencing the same problem, can someone let me know where the phone's name is in iTunes so I can check to ensure there is no punctuation.

iPhone 2G running 1.1.4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.