Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve Adams

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 16, 2020
So, I have never jailbroken any apple device I have owned. I am turning off updates now, in prep for a 14.5 jailbreak when it's figureed out. Once I get this done, will I still be able to use all my apple features like apply pay etc?
Also, I have an iphone 4, Can I jail break this to make it more useful since most apps are no longer available for it?

Reactions: 1mh4ck3r

1mh4ck3r

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2016
Banking apps stop working on jailbroken device we have to fix it with jb detection bypass tweak and yes u can jailbreak iphone 4

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I'll not sure how it'll be with iOS 14.5 but I'm jailbroken on iOS 13.3 on iPhone 11 Pro Max. My bank apps still work as does my credit cards. I haven't tried Apple Pay but maybe I will as see if it does.

Reactions: 1mh4ck3r

Steve Adams

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 16, 2020
Apple pay was what I was referring to actually. I should have been more specific. I need that feature

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I had to use tweak bypassing apps on some financial apps and health insurance apps. A few other apps have had issues and I hear that some gamers have problems.

Apple Pay works.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
My 12 Pro Max has been jailbroken on iOS 14.1 for over a month now. I use jailbreak detection apps to continue using my banking apps, my Hyundai app and other apps. Apple Pay has been working fine with no issues. I use it all the time and check my accounts frequently and haven’t had any unauthorized transactions. As long as you download reputable repos and tweaks (non pirated), you should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.